What is the Best Handgun that you had a chance to shoot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stmoore

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Indy
    Define best please?

In terms of feel and quality --- My Colt Python or P7M13. I want to shoot a Beretta Stock (or Combat). Next would be one of my Beretta 92s.

Monster Man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Has to be a Wilson

My Wilson Combat 45 absolutely amazes me each time I take it to the range. Now if you're talking 22's, I love my Wodsman Match Target 3rd series, but the Hamden Victor and my 41's are also a joy.

But hands down, the most fun is the Wilson.

Now my all time favorite, and the very last one I'd ever part with, is the Remington Rand 45 my dad carried with him in Europe in 1945. It has been loaded ever since he came home from the Army and was always by his bed. It stll shoots accurately though I do not often take it to the range. I have his holster and pistol belt, and a box of ammo he brought home with him. SOme day it willgo to my son.

Now the most unusual pistol I own is a Liberator 45, which was made for the OSS by Guide in Anderson. That's one I'd never want to fire.

Gee, you just can't have a single, favorite pistol!

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    My Wilson Combat 45 absolutely amazes me each time I take it to the range. Now if you're talking 22's, I love my Wodsman Match Target 3rd series, but the Hamden Victor and my 41's are also a joy.

But hands down, the most fun is the Wilson.

Now my all time favorite, and the very last one I'd ever part with, is the Remington Rand 45 my dad carried with him in Europe in 1945. It has been loaded ever since he came home from the Army and was always by his bed. It stll shoots accurately though I do not often take it to the range. I have his holster and pistol belt, and a box of ammo he brought home with him. SOme day it willgo to my son.

Now the most unusual pistol I own is a Liberator 45, which was made for the OSS by Guide in Anderson. That's one I'd never want to fire.

Gee, you just can't have a single, favorite pistol!

:welcome:

That 1911 has quite the heritage. Glad to see it being handed down as it is a part of history. Let's see some pictures of your 1911s :)

Any 1911 I have shot has been my favorite pistol. Asking me to pick a favorite is like asking if blondes or brunettes are better - flip a coin.

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    My Taurus PT92-right out of the box-smooth trigger and low recoil. Seems to be an extension of my hand-fun to shoot all day.Accurate and fun and "purty". I'm happy with it.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    CZ75 is my personal preference, but it ought to be since I chose it for my carry piece for being steel framed and fitting my hand like an absolute glove.

I do like 1911's and Glocks, but the CZ just fits me better and the big hole in the middle of the target when I'm using it tends to add fuel to my CZ fire. ;)

Stoop

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Most unusual if not best would be the 44 magnum Automag. Best may well be a 4 inch barrel Colt Python - had the smoothest trigger I have ever used.

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    Depends:

EDC - my current carry - Springfield EMP40 - FANTASTIC 3" carry sidearm

Range - Springfield TRP - shoots like butter

Plinking - Ruger mkII 22/45, but haven't tried out my mkIII comp model yet

Revolver - all my S&W 686's shoot great.

MouseGun - my old Bersa. If ammo wasn't so expensive, the kids would have

Glock - for outright abuse and neglect, my G27 because that's what I have

Top Bottom