What is the best handgun training for someone new to conceal carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Will you be teaching the intro to firearms class this Saturday, the 13th? Or know who will be teaching it? Also do you recommend I start on the intro to firearms or do you have a different class that would better suit me?
    I am not teaching it on the 13th. Trevor is and he does a good job. But if you want me it will have to be another time. Concealed carry is beyond the scope of that class but the fundamentals of marksmanship are covered.

As it turns out I am teaching this class.

Last edited:

PMR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    NWI, Cedar Lake
    I know I'm a little late here but wanted to let JC know my experience. I have gone to several training classes, Point Blank and Coach included, the two are at the extreme opposite ends. Point Blank's was very basic so basic you could watch a few Youtube vids and get the same content. Nothing against the instructor, that's just the class.

With Coach, I had scheduled just a 2 hour session which was supposed to have 3 students but I was the only one who showed so it was 1 on 1. As I recall we went for 2 hours 30 minutes to 2 hours 45 minutes, he wasn't in a hurry to leave. He gave me a lot of good fundamentals and several good drills I could take to the range. I learned the proper way to draw from my holster and how to repeat fire on target.

I guess what I'm trying to say is you can't go wrong if you go with Coach. I think it would be worth you time to make your schedule fit into whatever he has going on right now. As an added bonus I have priced a lot of training and I feel what Coach charges is pretty reasonable.

Pat

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Coach is top shelf, for sure. As you continue your training, know that Revere's Riders will be offering defensive pistol classes, in partnership with Adaptive Consulting & Training, in the coming year. Both programs, in my opinion, well worth investigating.

Top Bottom