What is the best way to mount a sight to a WASR 10?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 62chevyimpala

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Im new to to shooting, but I enjoy it very much. I've put about 1000 rounds through my AK and love it. I would like to put a red dot on it to help with aiming. Does anyone have any good ways to put a better sight on? Do they make rail systems for AKs?

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    You have several options. Do you have an AK side rail? You can mount a rail with that. You could use the Texas Weapon System or go even simpler and replace the upper handguard with a small rail for a red dot.

mjlcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    You have several options. Do you have an AK side rail? You can mount a rail with that. You could use the Texas Weapon System or go even simpler and replace the upper handguard with a small rail for a red dot.

This guy knows what he's talking about. There's some other options out there, too. Check out www.akfikes.com - spend some time looking around and be amazed at what you learn. Have fun.

Laughing Snake

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    SW Indy
    Do you know what kind of red dot you want? I have/or used both of the rail mounts tradertator and 42769vette mentioned and both have been solid options.

The BP-02 has a little more weight to it but to me at least it has more of a combloc look and feel. For some reason the mount itself makes me think of brass knuckles. One thing about them though, and it could have changed since I bought mine, is the rail is ever so slightly offset to the right. It's not over enough to really complicate anything, but as a DIY you can remove the rail, grind down the center support, or all of three supports, and re-bolt the rail lower and more centered. Just laying out the options.

The RS Regulate mounts are slimmer and lighter and can set a red dot low enough to co-witness the irons depending what red dot/mount. The purchase price is higher compared to the BP-02 but you get quality nonetheless.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    I have been looking at the rs mounts for mine. it seems to be everything I want as far as keeping the optic low and still being able to use the iron sights if needed.

Top Bottom