What Is The Difference between Belgium bluing and Other Bluings?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sapper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Syracuse
    I have a Browning Belgium I inherited from my grandfather. It was in a house fire. Even though it was in a fire safe. It was not rated well enough for the house fire. The bluing is ruined .But it still runs great and looks descent. Proper cleaning and oiling has prevented all rust. Heck Me n the boys love to take it out shooting.
    But I remember how beautiful that gun was with the original bluing. Which really made all the engravings pop.
    Anybody have any idea of who does Belgium bluing??

mike trible

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    I believe that I would be afraid to shoot any gun that has been through a house fire and received enough heat to change the blueing. I think that much heat has got to change the temper of some of the metal pieces in it. IMHO

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I believe that I would be afraid to shoot any gun that has been through a house fire and received enough heat to change the blueing. I think that much heat has got to change the temper of some of the metal pieces in it. IMHO

My dad's double barrel went through a house fire, when we had it re-blued they inspected it. I don't shoot it alot but it does get shot.
    The finish on the Stock was charred, bluing was mostly gone and covered in rust. Except for some small pitting by the rib you'd never know it . The receiver on mine almost has a purple/black tint to it.
    I think we took it to the firing pin in Niles, I don't know if they did it there or sent it out.. that was back in about '76

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    You might call Browning, guaranteed quality work. Is the stock still okay? I have a Superposed that the rib vent came un-soldered from the barrel. Browning re-soldered it and re-blued it but the prices changed not long after that. I also thinking that the gun should be inspected after a fire before shooting. It maybe okay then suddenly explode on you. Metals can be funny like that.

Top Bottom