• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    I mean really, is there something wrong with them? They are worse than any other gun owner about thinking their guns used are worth at the very least the same price as a new one, if not more than a new one. I want a Glock because they are cheap and work, not because they are somehow a collectors item. It is a tool to use people.

Im REALLY over people thinking that no matter what guns appreciate.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I have two Glocks. I also have a Beretta 92, a Ruger GP 100 and a Smith 642. At some point or another I've carried each one of them. I was first drawn to the 19 because of it's relative small size and a 15 round magazine vs my 92 and it's 15 round magazine. I shoot both equally well so to be it was a no brainer. Carry the 19-lighter weight plus 16 rounds ready to rock.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    WHAT IS WRONG WITH 1911 OWNERS. I MEAN...COME ON...

at least 1911s have had a very long and storied history with them, and are excellent shooting and handling guns. If every person who went out and bought an auto ordinance 1911 and immediately thought it was worth $100 more than they paid for it I would think there is something seriously wrong with them also. they don't though, just glock owners lol

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    All pistols are inferior to CZs. So.... :dunno:

I use my Glocks as my beater pistols and I dont sell them. Because when I'm done with them I'll have to give them away because they will be beaten and broken.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm a Glock owner, I understand appreciation, depreciation and that the value of something is in direct correlation with what someone is willing to pay for it. Nuthin wrong with this kid.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm with Kelly. I wouldnt expect to get the same for my used glock unless MAYBE it was a safe queen with almost no round count, zero wear, and still in the box with ALL accessories. (like new) Even then I'd take it down $50 or so.

And I dont think its just Glock owners. I see a LOT of used guns for sale for at or above good LGS pricing. Sure they are cheaper than you would find at Gander, but still.

Then again, if you start too low, the jerkwads that insist on haggling will try to screw you. Price it high and let them offer you what you REALLY wanted and they are happy. So you price it at 600 and he offers 500, he's happy. You offer the same gun at 500 and he wont buy it unless you knock it down to 400-450 or if he does grumbles about overpaying.

Then again you have those that will try to make a buck by selling it above retail, knowing you have the tinfoil types that dont want a 4473 paper trail, are afraid they might not be a proper person (or know they arent and hope you wont check), etc.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    It's not just Glock owners. I've seen plenty of 600 dollar Berettas, 700 dollar M&P 15 sports, 500 dollar Shields, 180 dollar Hi points, 200 dollar Mosins, etc

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sellers are going to price something according to what they think its worth. Buyers will buy something if it's priced at what they are willing to pay. When the two have the same value in mind, a sale happens. It could be that Glock owners are happy with what they own and put a high value on it. Or, it could also be that most Glocks ship in a pretty low end configuration and the Glock owners are looking to recoup the costs to bring their guns up to carry standards. Throw a hundred bucks at a set of night sights, 65 bucks in a holster, 20 bucks in grip tape and another 10 towards a connector and your Glock has now set you back a total of $720. Should they sell it all for less than the $525 paid for the gun? Many apparently don't think so.

Now, if they are selling that same plain jane simple Glock that they bought for $525 without anything else for more than $500, then they are delusional.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    "Whatever I own is worth more because I own it." :n00b:

I've seen that over and over and over, from guns to guitars to cars to bikes to anything and everything else.

NOTHING 'automatically' appreciates, just because 'you' own it, or for any other reason.

Once it's sold, it's used. If I'm selling it, it's still used. If I'm buying it, it's still used. Whatever it is, unless it's some rare or unusual item, it's not worth 'more' when it's used. Significantly less.

Are Glocks rare? No. Are 1911's rare? No. Are Colt 1911's 'rare'? Still no.

Oh sure, anyone can probably find some sucker out there that's too stupid or too desperate and just 'must have' that item. What was that P.T. Barnum quote again? :lmfao:

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    I mean really, is there something wrong with them? They are worse than any other gun owner about thinking their guns used are worth at the very least the same price as a new one, if not more than a new one. I want a Glock because they are cheap and work, not because they are somehow a collectors item. It is a tool to use people.

Then buy a kel tec and get over it. Seriously, the buyer determines the value of the item being sold, stop being pissed that you can't buy a Glock for $200...

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    Went to the Avon Gander Mtn tonight and they had a bunch of used Glocks that were some of the worst I've ever seen. Rusty crap for only fifty bucks less than the new Gen 4s.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana

Then go buy yourself a brand new one. Problem solved. ;)

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis

Dude...CHILL. Dismount from the vertically tall horse you sit atop of. Glocks are great value firearms, especially when you put extras on them such as, but not limited to: night sights, trigger jobs, performance enhancing parts, threaded barrels.

Don't blame people for trying to sell a gun for what they put into it. If you insist on this course of action, then be patient and wait for a blue label special. Otherwise, quit your bellyaching. That is all.

Or go buy yourself a brand new one. But regardless, quit complaining and/or putting all Glock owners into one category.

Top Bottom