What is the proper way to interact with police during/after a Self-Defense situation?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bear1023

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Kokomo
    Badge would be very bad!!!! You had better have your drivers license and permit both in hand! If you have one of those badges throw it away before you get in serious trouble!

I had been debating on getting one of them. However I have talked to a lot of people and nobody has had any pros to having one.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I for one stumble over my words badly under such a nightmare stressful situation. I would be extremely afraid of being thrown in prison; intimidated by the shouting, aimed guns, handcuffing and other general threats from the cops; and very afraid that the facts won't come out right. I also tend to keep on talking once I start - because as a person without the gift of speaking, I tent to keep going to clarify and expound on what I am trying to say.

I am one of those people who should probably just shut the hell up. That said, I would point to the bad guy, say it was in self defense, and have my pink card ready.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Hey- I'm being honest. I'm a peaceful and quiet person by nature.

Remember who works for whom, here; and come off your high horse.

Thanks for the negative rep. Maybe I should give you some for the ignorant statement you made about how you would be treated by the police if you were ever to be in a self-defense situation. Everyone knows that the police are out to get everyone, even if they are in the right.

I don't work for you, you don't work for me. In fact, if you live in Hamilton County you don't pay my salary.

varasha

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Indy East Side
    I respect my local LEOs to a high degree, they have been nothing but professional and respectful to me. Here comes the but, whenever i am in a position where i am in danger, (physically or even with the law) i always expect the worst from people. I will do whatever i have to to protect myself, which at the same time, not doing harm to others. So if any of you LEOs comes to arrest me, and i am hesitant to talk, please know i am doing it for my, and your protection, but i will defiantly show with actions or words if necessary i am not a threat....:)

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Thanks for the negative rep.
    Maybe I should give you some for the ignorant statement you made about how you would be treated by the police if you were ever to be in a self-defense situation. Everyone knows that the police are out to get everyone, even if they are in the right.

We see it all the time. Irresponsible, power-mad thugs with badges. Perhaps not in your world though... But it happens all over and all the time. Grow a hide, no one was saying YOU were this way.

I don't work for you, you don't work for me. In fact, if you live in Hamilton County you don't pay my salary.
    Truer word were never spoken. :ingo:

Top Bottom