• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Waiting for Kirk to come along and call everybody a stupid redneck or something like that just to prove his superiority...

I have spent the last five years trying to get Kirk to call me something like that.....

All I have ever gotten is help and advice instead....Like when I am being interviewed in 10 minutes for local TV stations regarding 2nd amendment issues and within 5 minutes I am looking down at my "Freeman the Free Bird cheat sheet" I scribbled from a PM sent 7 minutes before the camera crew rolls up....

He didn't have to do that but he did...Twice for two different interviews.....

I keep searching for this mythical Kirk the Superior and all I ever see is a really good guy who gives much of his time and expertise gratis to folks here on INGO....I grew up in a time where guys ragged on each other and no one took offense so I see Kirk through those eyes....("My Rey-ats!!!!"...Cracks me up every time..) I think he's funny as hell and every post he posts seems, to me anyway, to come with a built in "wink and a nod".....

Intensity may have it's downside but it's upside far outweighs it....Plus he's a fellow Kentucky Colonel and that's how we roll......:)

blogger-image-11234610.jpg

IMHO of course....Not everyone sees it that way I am sure.....

Last edited:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I have spent the last five years trying to get Kirk to call me something like that.....
    From what I've been told he treats his friends much differently than others. As a matter of fact, I have it on good authority that one of his close friends has said, "If he acted the way he acts on INGO in front of me he would be dead by now..."

I'm not really sure what that means but I take it to mean that even his friends think he conducts himself like a horse's *** on INGO.

I keep searching for this mythical Kirk the Superior and all I ever see is a really good guy who gives much of his time and expertise gratis to folks here on INGO....
    Apparently we're talking about a different Kirk, carry-on...

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    From what I've been told he treats his friends much differently than others. As a matter of fact, I have it on good authority that one of his close friends has said, "If he acted the way he acts on INGO in front of me he would be dead by now..."

I'm not really sure what that means but I take it to mean that even his friends think he conducts himself like a horse's *** on INGO.

Apparently we're talking about a different Kirk, carry-on...

I have never met him....We are talking about the same guy...As I said, IMHO....Never said I was right...I like him and one of my good buddy's (like a younger brother really) on INGO feels as you do...

Just an opinion....

He didn't help me on those interviews because I am his "friend"...He helped me because I was getting ready to represent Indiana gun owners to a large audience and he graciously made sure I had some good, fact based talking points...They worked....That interviewer looked like I just punched her in the gut when I responded the way I did...(It's hard to explain but she had this really earnest "gotcha" face going and when I knocked her point back across the river her face just collapsed around her facade...I mean I ALMOST felt bad....It was beautiful...) It ended up on the cutting room floor lol....:)

As I said brother...Just an opinion....You and I agree on most everything...Just not this....

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Pretty easy to tell who has done a great deal of shotgun shooting and who has not...

Waiting for Kirk to come along and call everybody a stupid redneck or something like that just to prove his superiority...

I've never shot clays formally, but I used to shoot shotguns a lot. (clays, tin cans and critters) I'd just never heard of resting the barrel on one's toe before. Of course my "go to" shotgun only weighs about 7 lbs. (Ithaca 37). It just struck me as an odd habit, not being familiar with it. :dunno:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I've never shot clays formally, but I used to shoot shotguns a lot. (clays, tin cans and critters) I'd just never heard of resting the barrel on one's toe before. Of course my "go to" shotgun only weighs about 7 lbs. (Ithaca 37). It just struck me as an odd habit, not being familiar with it. :dunno:

For side by sides, over unders, and single barrels brother...You see they have a sort of built in magazine cut off in them...Are you familiar with those????:)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have never met him....We are talking about the same guy...As I said, IMHO....Never said I was right...I like him and one of my good buddy's (like a younger brother really) on INGO feels as you do...

Just an opinion....

He didn't help me on those interviews because I am his "friend"...He helped me because I was getting ready to represent Indiana gun owners to a large audience and he graciously made sure I had some good, fact based talking points...They worked....That interviewer looked like I just punched her in the gut when I responded the way I did...(It's hard to explain but she had this really earnest "gotcha" face going and when I knocked her point back across the river her face just collapsed around her facade...I mean I ALMOST felt bad....It was beautiful...) It ended up on the cutting room floor lol....:)

As I said brother...Just an opinion....You and I agree on most everything...Just not this....
    You only like Kirk because he pays you for not wearing a loincloth, which, by the by, is a damn good reason to be a Kirk fan.:):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    For side by sides, over unders, and single barrels brother...You see they have a sort of built in magazine cut off in them...Are you familiar with those????:)

I also shot my dad's old SxS quite a bit... Didn't rest it on my toe either. But then again, I'm a burly manly man and plenty strong enough to hold a shotgun in the crook of my arm. :p

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I also shot my dad's old SxS quite a bit... Didn't rest it on my toe either. But then again, I'm a burly manly man and plenty strong enough to hold a shotgun in the crook of my arm. :p

I hear you, I never shot competitively but a friend of dads did. We went as spectators a few times and to get deals on ammo/ reloading supplies and info. We went to the Grand American a couple times and it was amazing. They had what was like a strip mall of shops set up. Many were custom shops, I remember walking unto the Perrazi shop all I can say is who spends 100K on a shotgun. They had their guys doing custom hand engraving and hand checkerimg etc. Seeing how much some guys spend on custom competition guns, I quickly understood not letting it out of sight. I never had that problem, back then I was a teen and all I had was a Browning pump and I thought I was in tall cotton

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I hear you, I never shot competitively but a friend of dads did. We went as spectators a few times and to get deals on ammo/ reloading supplies and info. We went to the Grand American a couple times and it was amazing. They had what was like a strip mall of shops set up. Many were custom shops, I remember walking unto the Perrazi shop all I can say is who spends 100K on a shotgun. They had their guys doing custom hand engraving and hand checkerimg etc. Seeing how much some guys spend on custom competition guns, I quickly understood not letting it out of sight. I never had that problem, back then I was a teen and all I had was a Browning pump and I thought I was in tall cotton
    Yowza. I don't think that even if I were a billionaire, I could bring myself to spend that much on a shotgun. I would like to have an old Browning humpback ca. 1960's though. :)

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Aside from that product, ANYTHING with the "As Seen on TV" label!

Hey... we have one of those "As seen on TV" things... a device you tape to the bottom of the terlit lid and it shines a red light if the lid is up and green if it is down... total marriage saver. Helps me aim at 3 am and keeps her from falling in afterward.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN

Yowza. I don't think that even if I were a billionaire, I could bring myself to spend that much on a shotgun. I would like to have an old Browning humpback ca. 1960's though. :)

Like I said, it's pretty easy to distinguish between those that do or have in the past shot a great deal of shotgun and those that don't. No offense intended toward you or anybody else with that remark, it's just an entirely different ball-game. By "a great deal" I mean, 5,000 rounds or more per year... Like an above poster said, a round of trap is 100 clays, 100 shells. Do that once a week and you're at the 5k+ mark, do it 10 times a week and you're at 50k+. That is NOT uncommon in the shotgun/clays field.

Honestly, who has ever been to "The Grand", even just as a spectator? I bet less than 2% of INGOers have... I bet over 50% have to google "the grand" to even know what I'm talking about.

Oh, and the price of shotguns... I have 2 funny stories, but first a little backstory. I competed at the amateur level, never shot at The Grand, and never had the desire to do so. I won many local competitions and that was enough for me.

For those that don't know, the Grand is a HUGE international trap-shooting competition that is 2-3 weeks long every year, Perazzi, Beretta, and the likes had BRICK & MORTAR SHOPS with A/C and the whole works at the Grand; those shops were used 2-3 weeks out of the year (past-tense bc I'm talking about when it was in Vandalia, OH, not sure about the new location). My first trip to the Grand (as a spectator) I walked in the Perazzi shop and was astonished. I knew big-competition guns weren't cheap, but I had no idea that they were so expensive. Prominently displayed on a board right by the door was a 4 gun set with gold in-lay in the extremely detailed hand-engraving. The price-tag on the set was $410,000, this was almost 2 decades ago. And behind the counter were 3-4 Italian craftsman hand-engraving and hand-fitting perazzi fine shotguns; they didn't speak a lick of English, they were there for show only. Perazzi flew them over for a couple weeks just for show.

Follow that up with me stopping in at Indiana Gun Club one day to try to find some powder or something I was in need of (running a bit low) and my dad decided to come with me. He grabbed a nice used Beretta off the rack and started looking it over; he told me he about vomited when he saw the price-tag and the gun was in his hands... the price-tag on the USED Beretta was $26,500. He said he was never more careful in his life than the brief 10 seconds it took to ever so gently place the gun back on the rack and slowly step back, ensuring he wasn't about to bump into anything nearby... He stood over in a corner the rest of my visit. Like I said, it's a completely different playing field.

Me personally? I shoot a sub $1k semi-auto but I would LOVE to have a fine Beretta over and under someday... err, scratch that, Beretta screwed me one too many times, as much as I admire their goods their CS sucked and I don't know that I could ever buy another, just out of principle.

Top Bottom