What is this flag, and why is it flown above Old Glory?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Now it matters whether it is cotton or nylon? Easier not to fly one.

Actually, the Flag Code only stipulates an "all weather flag" to be flown during inclement weather. Doesn't make any mention of flag material. Section 174(c)

As far as "number of pages" - meaningless. I could format the Constitution and associated amendments into 20 pages if I wanted to. Likewise, I could format the Flag Code into 2 pages.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    How about we not *****, moan, make threats of violence or criminal trespass over how others choose to fly their flag?
    Yeah, lets just sit and talk during the national anthem. Better yet, don't play the national anthem or give the pledge of allegiance. Don't stand during a parade when the flag bearer passes by. Criminal trespass? Hey it's just dirt, grass and leaves. Why would anyone get upset about me going on their property uninvited. The constitution? It's just a piece of paper and outdated... http://national911flag.org/

Last edited:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I find it interesting that the same group of people up in arms about how the flag of the United States of America is flown are also the people defending and signing petitions to secede from the United States of America. Only in America, I guess.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I have not said anything of the sort. If you want to stoop to their level, by *****ing and moaning, what good is it doing?

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of their position. We'll enforce respect for the flag that represents freedom and liberty through violence and property damage. I don't expect they'll ever see the hypocrisy though.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Isnt being able to be an ******* the essence of the first amendment.

The hypocrisy here is almost tangible.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Over the last few days there have been 2-3 "No Trespassing" signs put up at that house. On the mailbox at the road and at least another on the front door.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Over the last few days there have been 2-3 "No Trespassing" signs put up at that house. On the mailbox at the road and at least another on the front door.

Really? Interesting. I wonder if anyone has ventured forth the inform our fellow Greenwoodians of the proper way to display the flag.

Curious that they just popped up. Do you have any idea how long the flag has been up there? I just noticed it the day I posted but I can't say that it wasn't there for a long time.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Really? Interesting. I wonder if anyone has ventured forth the inform our fellow Greenwoodians of the proper way to display the flag.

Curious that they just popped up. Do you have any idea how long the flag has been up there? I just noticed it the day I posted but I can't say that it wasn't there for a long time.

I initially noticed the flag a few months ago. May have been longer ago - but I do not know for sure.

-J-

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Yeah, lets just sit and talk during the national anthem. Better yet, don't play the national anthem or give the pledge of allegiance. Don't stand during a parade when the flag bearer passes by. Criminal trespass? Hey it's just dirt, grass and leaves. Why would anyone get upset about me going on their property uninvited. The constitution? It's just a piece of paper and outdated... The National 9/11 Flag

Breaking the law or the constitution /= disrespecting the flag. If anything, the former results more in the latter than the other way around.

Top Bottom