What is this universal background check?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    A couple people mentioned it to me and I cannot find anything about it. Here is a snip of what a friend sent me. I was told it focuses on you to be a licensed gun dealer to sell firearms. It was supposed to go in effect May 1st?? What does anyone know about it?

Biden’s out-of-control ATF just unveiled their radical new Universal Registration Check rule – and it’s aimed at you and me.
    This rule achieves the long-held anti-gun dream of imposing so-called “universal background checks” to private gun transfers – which is essentially backdoor mass gun registration because the federal government has been caught keeping the records of the sale.
    Right now, you only need to go through the “instant background check” when you buy a gun through a federally-licensed dealer. Gun transfers between private parties don’t require a Registration Check in over 30 states...
    ...until now.
    Joe Biden just waved his pen and redefined what the federal government considers a gun dealer and who must report gun sales to the feds.
    Biden’s new rule requires almost every person who sells even a single gun to become a licensed gun dealer.
    It also requires almost every person who buys a gun – even privately – to register the sale with the federal government by submitting it to the notorious “National Instant Check System.”
    Biden’s rule doesn’t make clear that every sale requires a Registration Check, but in many cases, a single sale could trigger the requirement.
    If you plan to buy or sell a gun now, you may need to read 450+ pages of federal rules, and maybe even hire an attorney, to determine if you are now a federally-defined “gun dealer” or if you need to report your private sale to the government.

The Biden White House openly brags the new Universal Registration Check rule scheme is “moving the U.S. as close to universal background checks as possible without additional legislation.”

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom