• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Rachel has such a nice voice, I bet she is really pretty. I wish her boss would buy her a better headset.

ME hello
    RACHEL ...
    ME hello?
    RACHEL ...
    RACHEL oh sorry, my headset was not working...
    ME hang up

My cell is a work phone so I am stuck answering unknown numbers somewhat politely.
    Oh, you get Rachel? Emily has called me thrice, every time she has trouble with her headset. :n00b:

I wonder if she will be at that resort she's trying to sell me? :naughty:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The first time I got one of those interactive computer calls, I admit to being intrigued. I even asked her if she was nekkid. She seemed insulted by that...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You know, as persistent as Emily is, and nothing throws her off script, I wonder if it's a recording?

ETA: and does she do other recordings? :naughty:

Last edited:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Why not?! It could have been Emily, and she sounds hot!

Well Emily's mom, Lily, was hot in her day.

d556c7b61c6dc65f0ad7a478647f6452.jpg

Rocketscientist

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Valparaiso
    I put a recording app on my phone called ACR. I started playing with these "cardholder services' people each and every time, just for laughs. Well, they caught on quick that I was screwing with them and they quit calling! I kid you not. For the first time in about 5 years, I have gone almost 3 weeks without a single call. I'm not on the DNC list, nor do I have any of them blocked. Matter of fact, I un-blocked their numbers specifically in hopes they would call and I could have fun with them. No dice. They quit calling altogether.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If it's not on my contact list, I won't answer.

It appears those do not call lists aren't worth a flip.

I can't confirm so this does not have much value, but someone told me that recently they somehow abolished the "do not call" option.

I also get the calls.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    Try this, it works. If someone calls you and they use number spoofing the phone only rings once and then nomorobo intercepts it. Normal calls that don't use number spoofing go through unmolested. You do have to set it up with your phone carrier, but virtually all of them support this service.

https://www.nomorobo.com/

I signed up several months ago and it works. Free for land line, and small charge for mobile I think. You'll get one ring and then disconnected. They also continuously update the list of bad numbers. I've been really happy with it.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I heard at the LPS (local phone store) the "do not call list" went the same way as the lifetime LTCH.

Lately, I've been getting calls from "The Warranty Department" saying my warranty has expired, they've mailed me several notices, and this is my last chance to extend the coverage. (Wish that was true) Yesterday, I told Miss Robot I was interested in hearing my options and got a real person on the phone. I asked her what warranty had expired. She said all she had was a "Vendor ID number" and she would need some info from me to determine what the expired warranty had been on. At that point I hung up but next time I'm going to ask them about that cheap toaster oven I bought at Target 10 years ago.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Apparently, my husband and I took separate vacations at Marriott hotels. He got a call on his cell this evening, and I got one an hour later. Neither of us can remember these stays at their hotels so maybe we were drugged. I should probably call the police and report that now that I am really thinking about this.

:laugh:

SkinNFluff

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Mauckport, Indiana
    My absolute favorite spoofed number I have seen pop up on my phone was 555-444-2222. I have seen movies and wanted nothing to do with them Hollywood freaks so I didn't answer.

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    Well ya see when they catch them they dont ****ing kill them like they should. I get 3-4 a day. They should ****ing hang these ****s.

Top Bottom