• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    If he was hauling fuel and just unloaded he would still have needed the placard for the fuel unloaded because of the residue left in the tank. He may have hauled a non-hazmat load, unloaded it, and then got the tank washed out to get it ready for the next load and was letting all of the water out of the rear valve. That is just my guess.

Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    N IN
    My Supertrucker sense is tingling. I think that inside left rear looks about 5 pounds low.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    It appears that at some point the rear bottom portion of the tank was cut out (corroded maybe?) and replaced with the flat shiny piece of sheet metal you now see. Only, rather than welding the replacement plate in there is seems to be bolted/riveted with some sort of black sealant (small amount can be seen along the top of the plate). I don't think that would be considered and acceptable repair. That tanks gets in a wreck etc it would only take a very small twist/bend/dent etc to make that start leaking....

That's the only thing I can see in addition to what the others have said.

What you see on the outside is not the tank. The tank is inside with a layer of insulation around it. There is thin metal sheathing around the outside to keep the insulation dry and in-place. The sheet metal around the outlet line is a repair of the sheathing, not the tank.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My guess: nothing is wrong.

Empty tank that was hauling something pretty boring (brewing mash, as Ogre guessed, or something equally benign), and they left the valve open and cap off.

Or am I missing something?

Top Bottom