• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    My son in law milks over 350 cows a day. It is just like posted up thread. The cows walk right in one by one.

I wouldn't want his job, no way no how.

The cow are treated very good. They average aprox 7-10 newborn calves each week.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    If any of you all are within a 2-hour drive (or so) of Fair Oaks Farms near Rensselear, IN, need to go.

The tours and what-not are not inexpensive, but the milking tour is worth it.

Their operation is HUGE. Absolutely HUGE. And they're working towards being 100% sustainable, too. Meaning at least no outside electricity is needed to run the thing - as their huge digesting tanks make enough methane to be burned to generate the power. Huge operation. Very impressive. Much cow.

And their hog operation is probably just as impressive, though it wasn't fully operational when we were there last.

AND they have great food in their little gift shop / restaurant / ice cream parlor.

Haven't yet eaten at the big restaurant but would like to; just don't know if I want to drive all that way to pay that much for a restaurant that's out in the middle of no where.

Top Bottom