• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I was reading something on INGO earlier about a child being taken then trying to take out the vehical. trying to take out the vehical would be a challenge. What is your effective range? How far do you think that you could attack and eliminate a target effectivly? For me about 30 yards. With a handgun. I have shot that far at the range and hit the taget.

As the person conducting that test, I now know that I can engage a vehicle at 50 yards with a handgun. Whether or not those rounds are effective is another story, and dependent on several factors.

In the test the goal was to put rounds on the vehicle in an effort to halt a kidnapping, not to necessarily disable the vehicle. If the vehicle or the driver was disabled as a result then that would be a bonus.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I don't know what my maximum effective range is, but this is what I can do at 7 yards with 100 rounds through my Glock27. I think it's effective. It was a controlled fire scenario. I subscribe to the camp that much further than 7 yards is not as likely. So I primarily concentrate on the 7 yards scenario. If I have to shoot farther, I can I suppose.

6351226555_b4e69eecfc.jpg

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    that depends on whether or not i have a .50BMG of some sort at my disposal :D

That draws an nice visual for me. But I think a .454 Casull will disable a diesel block at 50 yards and that's after passing through fenders or grill and radiator.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom