• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    My favorite caliber is 45ACP by far. It's a big, heavy, slow moving freight train that can't wait to knock a steel dueling tree sideways. It can be loaded mildly for extended range time, or hot for home made self defense ammo. It's just plain fun to shoot. I am discovering that I am a bit of a recoil junkie and that plays right in as well. I love my 1911 and my 1911 loves .45. I love my XDs and my XDs loves .45.

Plus, according to the gospel of JMB, the 45ACP is the holy round....

The Gospel According To John

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Favorite caliber for what? Deer hunting 44mag. Coyote 6mm Rem. Squirrel 17HM2. Carry Gun 45 ACP. Pocket Hideaway peashooter 380 acp.

OK so this is the "handgun" section, so 45acp.

Last edited:

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    .357mag for me.Because it is so versatile.I have a revolver,semi auto pistol,and lever rifles all chambered in it.

357 camp here as well! Can't beat the versatility not to mention 38 Special just for plinking. Plus we never had the fight stopper debate with the 357!

poster_xjbwzku4fy.jpg

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Depends on the weapons purpose.

If it is a carry pistol, you need to GET and MAINTAIN proficiency with it. That requires a lot of practice and unless you reload, 9mm is far cheaper than the others and still effective.

If it's simply home defense and doesn't leave that other than an occasional range trip, I like the 45acp.

zenbruno

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Yeah, lately, my favorite caliber to shoot has been .22LR because I can afford to shoot a lot of it!

But I love .45ACP and the big .45LC, too! And .38Spl... I love them all, and I'm chomping at the bit for the berm maintenance at MCFG to let up so I can go shooting! :draw:

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    I have my favs also.......... 7 mm Win mag for deer, 22-250 for varmit, 22 lr for squirrel and cottontail, 20 ga for pheasant, dove, and duck, 12 ga for goose. However, I'm more interested in your opinions regarding pistol calibers especially for semi auto.

I realize that application may dictate the caliber. I don't carry and I'm not saying that I never will but, I like accuracy and may want to do some competitive shooting next year.

Feel free to promote your favorite pistol too.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Well considering the Tokarev is my newest handgun and it is an absolute BLAST to shoot, I'm going with the 7.62x25 round for now. Will probably change again about the time I get a new caliber to shoot.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    .38 Special.
    Great personal defence round.
    Easy to reload.
    Low cost to reload.
    Fun to shoot.
    Dont have to chase the brass.

Nuff said.

A lot to be said for all those points. +1
    Choose whatever round works for you, it's a personal choice. But after seeing first hand 2 shootings with .38s and rendering immediate aid ....it's no longer a round I recommend or will ever put my life on the line with. :twocents:

+1 dog, LOL

Last edited:
    Top Bottom