• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    My wife loves shooting any and all guns, the problems she has is with being able to clear malfunctions and other weapons manipulation. She loved the 1911, could clear all malfunctions, but it's too big for her to carry. She likes my g19, but hates that I sold off the 1911. She can shoot it accurately. She shot the g26 I had for a bit, but couldn't rack the slide.

Of the subcompacts, she can't rack the slide or lock it back at all. Which is why all we have are glock 19's.

My suggestion is to go to a gun counter and see if she can rack the slide back on any semi auto safely. If she can, put it on the maybe list. All the other info is good, but it won't matter if she shoots a certain gun well if she can't clear it or "fix" any malfunction.

On a side note, the issue with my wife isn't lack of strength, it's arthritis.

My list:

1) Able to manipulate the slide and clear malfunctions
    2) Able to shoot the gun well in a caliber that's not .380
    3) Concealability/Carriability (won't do any good to have a gun that she can put a ragged hole in paper if it's too large or bulky to carry)
    4) Price of extra magazines

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Let her carry ur handgun arnd the house every evening, you will soon find out her comfort level. THIS is huge!!

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    Let her carry ur handgun arnd the house every evening, you will soon find out her comfort level. THIS is huge!!

Thats exactly what she has been doing for a couple weeks now....There was a gun show here this weekend and we went and let her hold and operate a bunch of different handguns....So far, the 9mm Shield seems to be the leader in the quest. Size, caliber, ease of use and fit and feel seem the most comfortable so far....Going to the range this week with her and let her shoot a few different models (including the Shield) and see what works best...Thanks everyone....

Captaincrunk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Evansville
    I would say printing/concealability would be most important. Most guns shoot fine. If it's comfortable, you can hit with it, and I can't see it, you did good.

Top Bottom