• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    I'm naturally a collector for weird firearms. I don't think I have any really rare stuff, they might be so I'll include them. Please post pictures and share your weird and rare!!! Heck, include the ugliest firearms too!

I'll start out with some rare, well what doesn't readily show up on gunbroker anyways.

This first one I call the Mandalorian. It's a Glock 34, well kinda. Only about 5% of its total components are plastic. The frame itself is a CCF frame. Some years back CCF made stainless, aluminum and titatium frames for Glock. They have since closed their doors. Every now and then one of the old frames will pop up on gunbroker.

JUqmiZi.jpg

next for rare is my Glock 17T (blue) and 17R (red). The 17T are somewhat common but the 17Rs are a little harder to come by.

4O9iOGy.png

Next is the Hudson H9. They're not extremely rare, but not common either. Even though it turned out to be a big flop it does shoot rather well. Picked it up right as the company went under, for the price I couldn't pass it up.

seH2x6n.jpg

to start my unusual guns is the Ideal Conceal "cell phone" gun. While not super practical for carrying, I believe it has a lot of potential. Shooting/operating is actually quite pleasing for what it is. Very easily hides in plain sight. little side to side with the lifecard. Lifecard is a neat little gun too, but the overall operation of deploying, loading, and firing are horrible.

JkiAVOM.jpg

Next oddball is the Freedom Ordnance FM9. As far as I know, it is the only belt fed 9mm. It's a lot of fun to dump a few boxes of ammo. And yes it is a legal SBR..

ObBHAMO.jpg

For weird and ugly is the Altor 9mm... I don't have much to say other than it looks like a hot glue gun and is miserable to shoot. But kudos to the designer for designing an inexpensive working firearm with minimal components.

ffANP2m.jpg

And for the downright ugliest gun in my entire collection at a whopping 45 dollars. Haskell JS-45.. Pure beauty. From my understanding, they were the precursors to the hipoints. Trust me, its as heavy as it looks

DGx63le.jpg

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    The Haskel is fugly as all get out....The others are interesting, I like the life card, and the Altor, just for the concealability......

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    The closest I have is a 1965 and 66 Ruger 10-22. Completely original. I also have a 22 revolver manufactured in Washington D.C. I keep it because of D.C. being so antigun.

jcj54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    I have two rare revolvers which are not particularly valuable but historically interesting.
    The first is a Moore .32 rimfire belt revolver which was an infringement on the S&W patent for the bored through cylinder. The second is a Moore teat fire revolver which was his answer to being sued by S&W and having to cease making the bored through cylinder revolvers.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I put these on another thread here for lever actions. But for this "rarest" thread. I post them again. The top one is a Marlin 39A Octagon only made in 1973, only roughly 2160 made. The bottom one is a Marlin 39M Octagon only made in 1973, only roughly 2150 made.
    001.JPG

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I put these on another thread here for lever actions. But for this "rarest" thread. I post them again. The top one is a Marlin 39A Octagon only made in 1973, only roughly 2160 made. The bottom one is a Marlin 39M Octagon only made in 1973, only roughly 2150 made.
    View attachment 160565

There is simply nothing like a nice lever gun!!

knutty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 5, 2016
    Noblesville
    I sold most of my "rare" stuff. Rarest was probably a 1942 Tula 91/30 PU sniper. Only about 2000 produced that year. I would guess there are less than 10 in the United States that are still in original sniper configuration and not a decommissioned "ex sniper". I had about 9 PU snipers at one point, sold them all. Probably should've kept one but oh well.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    @SPOOK331945 ..I think you got your photos mixed up. That last one you called a Haskell (any relation to Eddie?) looks like you accidentally substituted a photo of a hammer. Or a doorstop. :@ya:

@55fairlane ...Yeah for Lima. Had tons of relatives there at one time.

Oh, and the "rarest" firearm I've got is a S&W Model 29 in gorgeous blue.
    It was made between the 29 and 629. It has an 8 3/8" barrel, full underlug (like a 629), Hogue grips, and an unfluted cylinder with a thin gold filled ring around it.
    It's also damned accurate and comfortable to shoot with full wood .44 Magnum loads, like Federal P44e 300gr.

I know, I know, no heavy loads in a 29. Just a few......because.
    She locks up like a vault and the timing is spot on.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I don't see very many of them at all, but I have an older (50's? 60's?) 20ga Mossberg 185-D bolt-action mag-fed shotgun. It was my Pappaw's, but I'm quite sure that it was his step-father's gun. My pappaw wasn't really a hunter / shooter at all.

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    Here is a set of Transitional Bar Hammer Revolvers in a gentleman’s traveling set. I’ve pinged many experts and can’t positively ID the maker.

3caf201475e6a5194a253ec0c51c7d5e.jpg

I also have a Whitney Howard Thunderbolt shotgun. I read an article where the NRA stated there are only 11 known survivors.

292549bfd98f039a1e1e9f81e033c4ee.jpg

Last edited:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Nothing too rare or at all. Think the oldest I have is from the 60's.

The rarest I have and again, not rare... Kimber SIS and Colt Rail Gun "100 years of service "

Like I said, not rare maybe just harder to find...

Top Bottom