• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Kut may not be your kind of conservative, but his views aren't different from a lot of mainstream conservatives.

Kut and I agree more than not...He's thoughtful about his positions...One may not agree with Kut but you can rest assured that kut came to his conclusion honestly and with integrity....I have also seen kut more than once adjust his position as he got more information..

He's also intellectually honest....Which makes him a bit of a rare bird these days...

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I'm a faith-based conservative. I believe God. I disagree with various lifestyles, but believe that those things should be beyond the reach of government.
    I believe in a competent social welfare program, which should always exist. Those that qualify for those benefits, are those who are wards of the state, and those who are temporarily in need. The State will extend benefits to those in need only with the addition of them working for the state (at increasing rates).
    I believe our foreign affairs should be supported by a strong military that serves American interests (and only our most steadfast allies) with pressure on our other allies to pull their own weight, militarily
    Economically, inspire manufacturing domestically, with controls in place that favor American goods.
    The border. Nothing. That won't solve immigration. Aggressively prosecute those who hire illegals. No slaps on the wrists.
    Eliminate the Fed. Eliminate the IRS. Eliminate income tax. Tax consumption (goods not food of certain quality).

Anything I'm missing?

I don't know, maybe we're not supposed to question others' stand, but why do you think that government should undertake social welfare, thus undermining what was traditionally a family duty, or barring that, a community duty? What makes you think the government can support the poor or needy better than families or local communities? And, rats, I know it must look like I'm especially picking on you, lately, Kut, but in this case I'm just curious as to why you think the way you do.

And since I'm barging into people's beliefs, it bothers me when people talk about the right to "do what they choose with their own body" when it extends to unborn children. When did we as a society agree to the outrageous proposition that unborn children aren't really people?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    When did we as a society agree to the outrageous proposition that unborn children aren't really people?

"We" didn't...Seven people decided that...Not one of the nation's better days...But you know "freedom" and stuff....

January 22, 1973 - The U.S. Supreme Court, in a 7-2 decision, affirms the legality of a woman's right to have an abortion under the Fourteenth amendment to the Constitution.Nov 4, 2013

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...since I'm barging into people's beliefs, it bothers me when people talk about the right to "do what they choose with their own body" when it extends to unborn children. When did we as a society agree to the outrageous proposition that unborn children aren't really people?

"We" didn't...Seven people decided that...Not one of the nation's better days...But you know "freedom" and stuff....

January 22, 1973 - The U.S. Supreme Court, in a 7-2 decision, affirms the legality of a woman's right to have an abortion under the Fourteenth amendment to the Constitution.Nov 4, 2013

Just imagine what they'll do to the Second Amendment when Hillary is allowed to fill the court?

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    And since I'm barging into people's beliefs, it bothers me when people talk about the right to "do what they choose with their own body" when it extends to unborn children. When did we as a society agree to the outrageous proposition that unborn children aren't really people?

This is just my opinion, so feel free to take it or leave it, but the "aren't really people" part isn't central to the argument, as I understand it.

It has far more to do with the "My body" part...again, as I understand it.

Whatever "Right to Life" a foetus has extends only that far...itself, believers in "choice" feel that the foetus has no "right" to the life of the woman carrying it.

Pregnancy carries with it major risks, up to and including death. A woman may become pregnant against her will, or ignorant of the risks...once she understands that her life may be permanently altered or ended due to that pregnancy she has the right to change her mind.

If a pregnant woman is not willing to consent to a live birth (remember its the stakes, not the odds), what other option is there?

Adding to that, many people believe that the feotus has no inherent "Right to Life", that the life of the foetus belongs wholly to the mother...those people might argue that it is entirely up to her if she chooses to allow her foetus to be born or not. After all, she has to live with the consequeses of her decisions (one way or another), not us.

I understand that these answers are not going to satisfy most INGO users, but I hope those same users understand there is a fundimental chasm in the way the sides view this topic.

I think it is unlikely that there is middle ground to find here.

For me, it is all about individual liberty, and I side with the (would-be) mother(s).

For others, it is all about individual opportunity, and they side with the unborn.

One thing is for sure...screaming at each other doesn't solve anything.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'm the classical liberal type of conservative

You are on your way brother.....A little tweaking here and there, another five years of living, reading and researching....But yes, I believe with all of my heart and soul that is where you are going to end up....It's been enjoyable watching your journey from afar....

Open invite any time you are south to share a frosty Dr. Pepper and open conversation here in the shop.....

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    This is just my opinion, so feel free to take it or leave it, but the "aren't really people" part isn't central to the argument, as I understand it.

It has far more to do with the "My body" part...again, as I understand it.

Whatever "Right to Life" a foetus has extends only that far...itself, believers in "choice" feel that the foetus has no "right" to the life of the woman carrying it.

Pregnancy carries with it major risks, up to and including death. A woman may become pregnant against her will, or ignorant of the risks...once she understands that her life may be permanently altered or ended due to that pregnancy she has the right to change her mind.

If a pregnant woman is not willing to consent to a live birth (remember its the stakes, not the odds), what other option is there?

Adding to that, many people believe that the feotus has no inherent "Right to Life", that the life of the foetus belongs wholly to the mother...those people might argue that it is entirely up to her if she chooses to allow her foetus to be born or not. After all, she has to live with the consequeses of her decisions (one way or another), not us.

I understand that these answers are not going to satisfy most INGO users, but I hope those same users understand there is a fundimental chasm in the way the sides view this topic.

I think it is unlikely that there is middle ground to find here.

For me, it is all about individual liberty, and I side with the (would-be) mother(s).

For others, it is all about individual opportunity, and they side with the unborn.

One thing is for sure...screaming at each other doesn't solve anything.

Couldn't rep you, but very well stated Paul, as usual. We both know this isn't an abortion thread, but I'm constrained to speak truth. ;)

Based on the historical account preserved in the Bible, Jesus came into this world through the supernatural conception of the Holy Spirit, grew as a fetus in Mary's womb, and was born naturally as all other men before him were. This validates the entire process. Conception, birth, life, and death. Jesus was never without life, and at no point was Mary's life more important than Jesus' or vice-versa.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I don't know, maybe we're not supposed to question others' stand, but why do you think that government should undertake social welfare, thus undermining what was traditionally a family duty, or barring that, a community duty? What makes you think the government can support the poor or needy better than families or local communities? And, rats, I know it must look like I'm especially picking on you, lately, Kut, but in this case I'm just curious as to why you think the way you do.

Repp'd.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    You are on your way brother.....A little tweaking here and there, another five years of living, reading and researching....But yes, I believe with all of my heart and soul that is where you are going to end up....It's been enjoyable watching your journey from afar....

Open invite any time you are south to share a frosty Dr. Pepper and open conversation here in the shop.....

I have a golf scramble in Evansville next weekend, see if I can't swing by.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Not eloquent enough to put it in writing. I have seen some that I liked and Some not so much.

Top Bottom