• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Leverrevolution is one of the -most- misunderstood rounds known to man.

It's not soft point. It's made to give leverguns a round that is a pointy aerodynamic spitzer type bullet. With the corresponding balistic coefficient, and without chain fire.

"LEVERevolution® represents a breakthrough in ammo design for lever action rifles and revolvers. The key to its innovation and performance is the patented elastomer Flex Tip® technology of the FTX® and MonoFlex® bullets. Safe to use in tubular magazines, these bullets feature higher ballistic coefficients and deliver dramatically flatter trajectory for increased down range performance."

A no point does in mention anything related to mushrooming like a proper soft point does.

Now let me give you some food for thought, with the proliferation of Body Armour.

45-70

Now it won't penetrate Body Armour.. no.. But the pounds of force on said armor has been proven -extremely lethal-
    It won't go through the armor, it will shove the armor into their torso like a truck hitting it would.
    I love the 45-70, heck one of my deer rifles is chambered in it. I have everything from those long distance "steeple" rounds to 405gr. I have the dies for paper wrapped or brass cased and enjoy seeing what this antique round will do.

Personally I think the Pres got it confused with 9mm with the whole lung out of the body thing. My Great great grandad got shot with one back in the Civil War down in Georgia. He was shipped by train to Nashville and did survive to make it home. He lingered for a few more years and died from complications of his wound. He was shocked that he was done in by the very ammo he was given to fight with.

Normally someone my age would have a Great great great grandad in the war but my Great grandmother was 45yo when she had my grandad so I kinda cut out a generation.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom