• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sporky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    Fort Wayne IN
    I would like to know what makes a match one that you like going to?
    Is it stage design, appearance of the facility, match directors?
    I am looking to help out the Ft Wayne Club and I want to know how to get as many shooters as we can, and to make it a match that everyone wants to go to.

Thanks in advance for you suggestions

:ingo:

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    Friendly staff (meaning staff that doesn't act like Nazis), well designed stages (easy to understand and quick to shoot and reset) , clean facility (meaning toilet paper in the restrooms), and just a fun and relaxing atmosphere. Nothing worse than confusion when trying to sign in, port-a-potties full with no paper, staff that's short handed and short tempered, and long, complicated stages that take forever to run and reset.

Sporky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    Fort Wayne IN
    Friendly staff (meaning staff that doesn't act like Nazis), well designed stages (easy to understand and quick to shoot and reset) , clean facility (meaning toilet paper in the restrooms), and just a fun and relaxing atmosphere. Nothing worse than confusion when trying to sign in, port-a-potties full with no paper, staff that's short handed and short tempered, and long, complicated stages that take forever to run and reset.
    That makes perfect sense! Thanks for the input!

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I'm certainly not an organizer and I've had limited USPSA, FNS, and Appleseed experience as a shooter. I think starting every event with the assumption there are new people is a huge benefit. FNS does this really well. Most people have heard the rules and protocols MANY times but nobody in the room rolls their eyes or otherwise makes the noobs feel like noobs. The presenters have a friendly way of presenting it so that it gets the point across AND makes the new shooters feel very welcome.

smith52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Kosciusko County
    As a USPSA shooter I want options within the stages and a variety of shooting challenges are the big things I want when deciding where to shoot. The appearance of the range is important but would not detour me from the match unless I felt it presented a safety issue. I think the best thing you can do to help promote your home club is attend matches at other clubs, let people at those places know about your match. Shooters see you support their match they will help support your match.

BROBERTS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Warsaw IN.
    At least at Warsaw we set stages up as much for are self's as others. We want a fun stages so that's were it starts.
    Don't get lazy in set up just to make a stage. But some times stages don't work like you though but that's ok. Learn and move on. We learned a lesson on set up and Ryan shot it 5 times I think before he got through it.
    Jump in and offer help.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Stage design is the biggest thing. A variety of challenges is nice, and I want to have freestyle with options. I also want a chance to have flow in the stage. Stages should challenge the top shooters without ***** slapping the newer shooters.

Some variety month to month. Don't set up the same or nearly the same stage month after month.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Im new to shooting USPSA matches. And by new I mean I have only shot 1 match. Me personally I want more challenges and obstacles to overcome in each stage. I would agree with smith52 about supporting other clubs. Let them know where your from and when your local clubs match is. The 1 match I shot was at Atlanta Conservation Club. The Match Director was very professional and made sure to tell everyone to support other clubs. Members from other clubs spoke up and let everyone know the dates of their matches.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    A lot of good stuff already said, so I'll mention something that I hate.... Stages that lead you to the limits of the rules. I hate targets at the 178 degree line or targets that you can only get by leaning waaaay around a corner and risk falling over. Also, IMO there is no excuse for a shoot through on any 2 targets.

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Friendly staff, no one likes a RO who is power hungry.
    Variety of shooting challenges.
    Stages with options are fun.
    I like a variety of stage types at a local match. (Speed Shoots, standards, medium and long field courses)

Setting targets at 178 isn't a big deal to me as long as it is done safely. I agree that crazy hard leans are kind of ridiculous. A well designed stage shouldn't need it.

Decent restrooms with running water is nice, but not a deal breaker if the match is worth it.

Sporky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    Fort Wayne IN
    Shade, water, benches, no mud in the bay, friendly staff (it's a game and is supposed to be fun).
    Benches is a great idea!
    I am one of those people that has back issues and I am constantly trying to find a place to sit down. I know that some of the folks bring their own chairs, but benches would be an added benefit that would make the entire experience more comfortable.
    Shade is a bit more difficult affair. I know we have a small section at each bay, but additional areas would be nice, but would have to be set up each time.
    Water would be nice, but most people bring their own drinks don't they? I know I always have something wherever I go.

Top Bottom