• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    Im not scared or paranoid. Ive learned CPR and I dont expect someones heart to fail while in my presence, but if it happens, Im ready. I dont expect to have a blow out on the road, but I have a spare tire.

For those times when 911 isnt an option and the opportunity to resolve the conflict peacefully isnt present and Im forced to go offense...

mugable

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    It was actually a recent situation for me. I should have gotten it a long time ago but it wouldn't have helped in my situation.
    My girlfriend and I had got off work around the same time. I went to my house and she did some shopping and went to her apartment.
    I noticed she stopped responding to my texts after she said she was leaving to go home so I just figured she took the dogs out, hopped in the shower, whatever.
    About 30 minutes later I get a phone call from her mom telling me she was robbed at gunpoint.
    Two gentlemen, one standing watch and one with a shotgun. Shotgun guy broke her driver's side window shortly after she parked and held the gun in her face demanding her wallet and phone.
    She was unharmed and everything has been replaced but it really put a bur up my butt about getting my carry license.
    Now I carry daily and have increased my practice/training significantly.

gpjerry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    Terre Haute
    My family counts on me to be there. If I don't protect myself I cannot protect them. My grandfathers died young, I didn't get to know them well, I want my grand kids to get to know me.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Have you watched the local news recently? I would think 30 minutes watching the local Indianapolis news would be enough to make any sane person want to carry.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    I carry because there is no reason not to. Their is almost no chance I will ever have to use it and I acknowledge that. However, there is a chance I will and I'm fully aware of that as well. I carry for my safety.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I have a computer wallpaper at work that describes how I feel... "I don't carry to kill people. I carry to keep from being killed."

Almost every reply above has some part of what inspired me to believe in becoming an armed, trained Citizen. LEOs have their hands full & are too difficult to carry everywhere I / my family goes. Combine that with the increasing level of "bad things / people" among us.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm so spindly and delicate that I need to attach plenty of heavy metal objects to me in order remain stable in the wind.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I just want to say that I really appreciate this guy and his view point (the guy in the USCCA article/video). Not all people would see the situation he references as he does...

Top Bottom