• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    FNP. Done.

Best value in handguns. FN makes quality stuff, reasonable price. DA/SA. Available in 9-45 and under $500.

fnp9s.jpg

To which I reply.. punch in the face.

FNPs suck, and even their own countries police force wont use them.

Belgian Police adopt S&W M&P 9mm | The Firearm Blog

Actually I am just messing with Cru I dont mind FNs. But the news story did come to mind. Funny how we will buy AR15s made by FN, but they buy our Smith and Wesson pistols... humm...

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    To which I reply.. punch in the face.

FNPs suck, and even their own countries police force wont use them.

Belgian Police adopt S&W M&P 9mm | The Firearm Blog

Actually I am just messing with Cru I dont mind FNs. But the news story did come to mind. Funny how we will buy AR15s made by FN, but they buy our Smith and Wesson pistols... humm...

I mean, to be honest, I own an M&P as well. ;)

But really one thing sums up FN Firearms....

SCAR!

(MY FN was built in the USA)

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    I love my full-sized Beretta PX4, and they make a subcompact as well.
    The PX4 line fits all of your criteria (DA/SA, manual thumb safetfy, button mag release, etc), but is a little high on your price range. I bought my full-size NIB for under $500, and the subcompact is usually listed at $550, but if you look around or buy used, you might be able to find a good deal. One drawback is that accessories (xtra mags, holsters, etc) are a tad hard to find, so you usually pay a premium for those things.

Deprecated Browser Error

The plus side of the PX4 subcompact is that it is easier to conceal, but the downside is that you lose the rotating barrel feature of the full size which reduces perceived recoil. I can carry my full size IWB pretty well concealed and I'm not a huge guy (5'9'', 170lbs).

I think a lot of your decision will come down to .380 vs 9mm. 9mm is way cheaper than .380 right now and you get a round with more "stopping power", but the 9mm guns are usually a bit bigger so you lose a bit of concealability. Granted, there are plenty of INGO-ers that CC full sized 1911s so a lot of it might come down to handling as many firearms as you can and picking what feels best.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom