• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    What do you think needs to be done to stop all theses killings? I think most of the killings are happening on the west side and south side of chi town. I work on the North side where a lot of richer people live and they say it's even getting bad on that side as well. I know gun control doesn't work and all the politicians are crooks but what do you think can be done?

sorry had a news article but don't know if i can post it. This has to do with over 20 shootings in Chicago just over the weekend.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Legalize all drugs. Why should criminals be the only people with access to a $200B market? Take away their funding, you take away their ability to commit crime and their incentive to do so.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    For starters if you are talking about Chicago(and I think you are by your reference),allow LAW abiding citizens to Conceal Carry.It is easy for a criminal to open fire when they are the only ones with firearms.Time to put a little bit of fear into them,and the only way to do that is to allow people to protect themselves by legally carrying a firearm.Not that it will ever happen in Chicago,not even the supreme court can seem to get it through to the corrupt officials up there.

Last edited:

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Vote Daley out and get someone in with some common sense would be a good start. Like Smokingman said allow people to carry guns, when criminals know the whole city is a no carry zone it's open range time.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    You have to look at the people that are doing the killing.

The root of the problem is the lack of self-respect and education.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    First, find out how many shootings there are compared to years past. Check all that against population.

If you recognize that there will likely be some number of violent shootings per year no matter what, then what may follow is the realization that shootings may have been reduced to the point where they can't be brought down any further, or the resources expended may not be worth the result.

No saying this is the case, just saying you can't learn anything from reading the papers and getting impressions.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    well to start, how about a second "great Chicago Fire" ????? KILLING bad things WITH FIRE always seems to work. well sometimes its a cream (but thats a different kind of killing :) )

Oh wait never mind, then all the trash would come to indiana like they did after katrina. so build a fence around the city FIRST, and then kill it with fire.

of coarse I know it would never happen, but as you can tell I dont think theres any hope for that city. the only hope of surviving in that city is hoping you can stay on the good side of the percentages. and a gun will certainly help you do that. I think all law abiding citizens should be lined up and issued guns.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Maybe the new firearms law will help to an extent. It's to soon to tell. Citizens still need to be able to CC. It may help. I'm not an expert though.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    As Little Dick Dailey says, this is just proof of the importance of current gun control laws are in Chicago...

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    My only fear with Chi town is that if they do legalize carry, then there might be a few weeks of pretty much open bloodshed in that horrible city. Granted, gotta crush a few eggs to make an omlete, but those few weeks would give anti-s a TON of ammo for their arguement.

Gotta drop leaflets over Chicago, so the hoodlums that dont watch TV and spent just enough time in school to avoid truancy officers would know of the impending end to their injustice creation instead of learning the hard way ;) You would figure in a city with walls like they have (toll roads), it would keep the rifraff out, instead of in. :D

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    You have to look at the people that are doing the killing.

The root of the problem is the lack of self-respect and education.

:yesway: Seconded.

If it's anything like Indy what you've mainly got are dope dealers whacking dope dealers. That's not killing, it's Darwinism.

Is it also Darwinism when an FFL whacks another FFL or is that considered a killing? I don't understand the terms.

It might help if governments would uphold the Constitution. People of Chicago could open carry some nice big 45LC revolvers. It would take a few actual shootings for the criminals to know they are serious. After that, I think most of them would scatter back to their countries or whatever hole they crawled out of here.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Aside from over hauling society by developing some morals and getting rid of the corruption from the top down. I agree with the other posters first shoot back, second legalize drugs. Just as with prohibition of alcohol its just fueling crime. You would think we would have learned something from the prohibition debacle wouldn't you?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    All the free coke you can snort and crack you can smoke will kill half the problem in the first week. Whomever is left living after the first week shows at least some self control. These people can be rehabilitated.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Vote Daley out and get someone in with some common sense would be a good start. Like Smokingman said allow people to carry guns, when criminals know the whole city is a no carry zone it's open range time.

Daley is only the public, mildly crazy, face of the Democrat Party machine that has been running Cook County for much longer than I've been alive.

Changing Cook County government would require about the same effort it took to reeducate the Japanese after WWII, or the Iraqis post-Saddam.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    well to start, how about a second "great Chicago Fire" ????? KILLING bad things WITH FIRE always seems to work. well sometimes its a cream (but thats a different kind of killing :) )

Oh wait never mind, then all the trash would come to indiana like they did after katrina. so build a fence around the city FIRST, and then kill it with fire.

of coarse I know it would never happen, but as you can tell I dont think theres any hope for that city. the only hope of surviving in that city is hoping you can stay on the good side of the percentages. and a gun will certainly help you do that. I think all law abiding citizens should be lined up and issued guns.

win win win win :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom