• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    High Standard Crusader, by Armscorp. It is eats everything I've fed it, so far, without an FTF or FTE and it is reasonably priced ($445.00 NIB).

Baby.jpg

xd45in

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Knox County
    When I'm not carrying my G26 or G19 I carry either a Taurus 85 .38spl or my Kimber Crimson Ultra Carry II.

I have XD's also and they are fine weapons..........JMO

zstep7

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    West Indianapolis
    Being a new gun owner, I didn't want a glock either. My buddy kept trying to influence me because he had one, we always had to have what the other had growing up. I ended that with a M&P .45, have shot close to a thousand rounds through it and love it.

XDs4me

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I carry an EMP 40 and love it. Way out of the $500 range though. Next in line would be my XD45 compact great shooter and a lot closer to your price range.

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Rock Island 1911 45 auto, Ruger LCP, Model 19-2 21/2 inch, colt agent, depends on the dress code.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    Darinb - man what your asking is difficult to answer cause there are so many good carry guns and what your attracted to has so much to do with this as well. I can tell you from personal experience the Kahr K40 is a great gun but I had the old model and it was HEAVY! The gun I carry now is new Taurus 709 Slim. Great gun, accurate and light. Has the SA feel with no hammer to catch. Then of course you could get into the whole line of real small guns like the Kel tec .380 and it is a nice gun for what it does. After all is said, I think personal taste and attraction are as important as anything.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I usually carry a Bersa 9UC (13 rounds) but tonight I am carrying a Bersa 9HC (17 rounds). The UC has a 3.5 inch barrel and the HC is right around 4 inches. I also carry a Bersa 380 in my pocket for no other reason that I like the gun and it carries well in my pocket. The 9UC is a great carry weapon. Its solid and reliable and can be bought for around $350. I also carry a full size 1911 at times, so the safety on the Bersa 9s is very familiar.
    Glad to hear others out there liking the Bersa brand. Been a good gun for me too.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Bersa 45UC fits my hand nice and easy to conceal. When I got mine about a year and half ago they were under $350 and comes with 2 mags. :yesway:

I usually carry a Bersa 9UC (13 rounds) but tonight I am carrying a Bersa 9HC (17 rounds). The UC has a 3.5 inch barrel and the HC is right around 4 inches. I also carry a Bersa 380 in my pocket for no other reason that I like the gun and it carries well in my pocket. The 9UC is a great carry weapon. Its solid and reliable and can be bought for around $350. I also carry a full size 1911 at times, so the safety on the Bersa 9s is very familiar.

Glad to hear others out there liking the Bersa brand. Been a good gun for me too.

Lots of happy Bersa owners out there :rockwoot:

right2arms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    You have to shoot a lot of pistols and then decide what you like. If you want something like a glock but not, go for an XD. I liked the way it feels in my hand better than the glock, but the trigger safety still feels strange. There are other poly guns based on completely different actions such as CZ phantom or EAA Poly in whatever caliber you want, including 10mm. They are SA but you can carry with the hammer down which makes the first shot DA.

Or you could get a big chunk of steel .45

Or carry the kel tec 380 which is so small you forget you have it, and nobody has a clue you are carrying. If six shots of +P 380 auto can't do the trick, you need to turn your tail and run.

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    I am gearing up to buy a compact carry gun in a couple months but I do not want a glock. What do you carry or suggest? I am looking for a barrel length of 4 inches or less and at $500 or less.

Just a bit above your price range but I carry a Para Ordnance Warthog. I OC usualy so either in a Galco MX7 Matrix holster with comptac dual mag carrier and comptac belt, or Tucker HF1 with matching belt and dual mag carrier all by Tucker. When I need to conceal a bit more I just got an AKJ Concealco IWB holster that has been working great. I haven't had luck with the very wide spacing clips type IWB so I'm pretty happy with the Concealco.

4161713190_65735f16dc.jpg

Mine has Hogue wrap around grip, extended MSH, NP3 on controls, and a speed bump added to the grip safety by Robar when they did the NP3. I hope to eventually get Ionbond matte on the top of the slide, polished slide flats and satin on the frame and a trigger job. I might have the controls redone in Cera-plate as well.

JCA1776

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My standard carry is my G19. Sometimes, I'll grab my Ruger SP101 .357 Magnum snubbie. Very solid gun. The .357s tear up my hand, though, so I use Remington .38 Spl +P 125 gr SJHP.

Top Bottom