• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    My only Glock is a full-size bedside safe gun.

Carried routinely? Sig P6/225 often. HK P7 occasionally. Sig 226 when clothing allows. East German Makarov frequently, of late. Kel-Tec P3AT - all the darn time. The full size 1911 gets carried but not often at all.

The KelTec can be found for $250-275 new.
    A true (not P63/P64) Makarov can usually be found for ~$250-350 depending on country of origin and condition.
    The Sig 226 can be found used for $400-500.
    The HK - well, I've seen some surplus ones sell for $525 recently but that is a rare price. They are usually more expensive and mags are quite expensive. Oh, what a gun though!

The HK is my preference for carry, followed by the Mak then the P3AT.

Have fun!

Last edited:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    H&K P7 PSP with NP3 plating.

Just a bit above your price range but I carry a Para Ordnance Warthog. I OC usualy so either in a Galco MX7 Matrix holster with comptac dual mag carrier and comptac belt, or Tucker HF1 with matching belt and dual mag carrier all by Tucker. When I need to conceal a bit more I just got an AKJ Concealco IWB holster that has been working great. I haven't had luck with the very wide spacing clips type IWB so I'm pretty happy with the Concealco.

Mine has Hogue wrap around grip, extended MSH, NP3 on controls, and a speed bump added to the grip safety by Robar when they did the NP3. I hope to eventually get Ionbond matte on the top of the slide, polished slide flats and satin on the frame and a trigger job. I might have the controls redone in Cera-plate as well.

Not to thread jack, but I would love to hear your opinions on the NP3...

m82mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Milton,In.
    :ingo: I still carry my old Colt detective Spl. in 38,and my Kimber UltraCDPII
    in .45. BUT I STILL CARRY MY GLOCK 22 AROUND THE FARM.

Mike

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I carry a Colt Mustang in .380 and a Smith snubnose 646 revolver....I can never pick just one....I keep a Makarov in the car....that way I wont feel too bad if someone steels it. :yesway:

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    S&W 686 2.5" .357, pre-lock of course. It's a little bulky but I'm a big guy so it's no big deal, especially now in the winter.

Newg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Westside of Indy.
    When I'm not carrying my G23, I carry this S&W 360Sc. New they are over your $500 mark, but they can be had used for less. It's a great gun.:yesway:

360sc.jpg

pr3mugGoXIF6lnGG0ztmNg

Top Bottom