• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MedicMike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Henryville, IN
    Hello to all. I applied for my LTCH and recieved a denial letter. I previosly had a four year and allowed it to lapse. So my question is after I fill my letter to appeal what's next.

Thanks in advance
    Mike

MedicMike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Henryville, IN
    The letter came from ISP. It stated, " We are in possession of information that you are not a proper person to be liscensed." per IC 35-47-1-7. I was convicted of a misdemeanor for a traffic accident. It didn't show on my criminal record when I had it ran for my Indiana Paramedic recertification.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Any past ex's that didnt like you owning guns? All it takes is a judge and a phone call to get it taken away.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Criminal recklessness. One ex and she didn't have any problems me carrying.

That one will do it. If you want to offer more info on the situation, you'll get more opinions of what to do. But, by the sounds of it, it's going to take a good attorney and some $$$ to try and get it fixed.

AK-NOW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Shelby County Indian
    Did you list your misdemeanor on your application?

IC 35-47-1-7
    "Proper person"
    Sec. 7. "Proper person" means a person who:
    (1) does not have a conviction for resisting law enforcement under IC 35-44-3-3 within five (5) years before the person applies for a license or permit under this chapter;
    (2) does not have a conviction for a crime for which the person could have been sentenced for more than one (1) year;
    (3) does not have a conviction for a crime of domestic violence (as defined in IC 35-41-1-6.3), unless a court has restored the person's right to possess a firearm under IC 35-47-4-7;
    (4) is not prohibited by a court order from possessing a handgun;
    (5) does not have a record of being an alcohol or drug abuser as defined in this chapter;
    (6) does not have documented evidence which would give rise to a reasonable belief that the person has a propensity for violent or emotionally unstable conduct;
    (7) does not make a false statement of material fact on the person's application;
    (8) does not have a conviction for any crime involving an inability to safely handle a handgun;
    (9) does not have a conviction for violation of the provisions of this article within five (5) years of the person's application; or
    (10) does not have an adjudication as a delinquent child for an act that would be a felony if committed by an adult, if the person applying for a license or permit under this chapter is less than twenty-three (23) years of age

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    hmmm, unless it was a misdemeanor involving a domestic dispute or if you commited battery or maybe even had been drinking or any other Class A misdemeanor, im not sure why theyd deny it, of course like wolfeman said, call your attorney, there must be something with the type of misdemeanor

***edit, took too long to type***

criminal recklessness would make it tough to get a LTCH

samwathegreat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    The state of Indiana had no problem issuing me my LTCH. The FBI NICS, however is another story.

Wow those guys are slow. It took almost 9 months for them to approve my first handgun purchase...had to go through the appeals process, and eventually got approved. No more problems - just the first time.

Anyways, once you get your Indiana LTCH sorted out, you can expect to be hasseled by the FBI NICS (national instant criminal background search) as well. :(

Good Luck.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    What misdemeanor traffic accident/"criminal recklessness" has a sentence of more than one year?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The state of Indiana had no problem issuing me my LTCH. The FBI NICS, however is another story.

Wow those guys are slow. It took almost 9 months for them to approve my first handgun purchase...had to go through the appeals process, and eventually got approved. No more problems - just the first time.

Anyways, once you get your Indiana LTCH sorted out, you can expect to be hasseled by the FBI NICS (national instant criminal background search) as well. :(

Good Luck.

Had this problem as well. Charged with a Felony, convicted of a misdemeanor, got denied, appealed, and won.

TO THE OP: Where you in a similar situation? Were you ever CHARGED with a felony or other disqualifying offense and later have it dropped or reduced? Could be an clerical error on your record somewhere.

Twiggsx1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2011
    Indy
    i had an issue or have i am gettineg denied after having a permit yrs ago i mistaking ly said no crime but they found it and now i am being denied what do i do to correct this or can i

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    call the number they give you....find out why it was denied...there is an appeal process......a friend of mine had the same thing happen a few weeks back....he finally got it after about 6 weeks from his original application

Top Bottom