• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sean

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    I wouldn't really consider that real actual data. You only listed three completed transactions, and I know there have been gunbroker auctions in the past that were quite fake (I remember when KSGs came out and one of the first couple sold for 10 grand, like that really happened:rolleyes:). If people are going to try and sell their five sevens for 2 grand, more power to them, but I get the feeling they're going to be waiting awhile for those guns to sell.

It's actual data maybe not correct but actual, if you would like we can assume that 50% of the auctions that are in progress will fall apart (very high margin). Even at that the amount of bidding between $1,500-$2,000 shows a significant upward pressure on prices approaching $2,000. I know for a fact two have sold above $2,000 funds have cleared etc... I also know that several have sold between $1700-$2000 and not been listed again, that's a positive indication of a completed sale in my eyes (not conclusive though). Unless everyone attempts to sell at once I would say you could get close to 2k in less than five days.

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.
    Also, I was in a shop today here in NWI and saw a gentleman completing his paperwork on a 57. I asked him what he paid for it. He replied " about twice the retail, $1800". That was for the gun only and I don't know if it was unfired.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Everybody's got an opinion. Most are missing the good ole days. Who's not!

:fogey:

I've never seen so many threads of people criticizing others especially the new guys. Everyone starts at zero if I recall correctly.

Sean

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    $2,100 completed transaction less than a day money in hand... Also this will be my 58th post I'm moving up.

m82mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Milton,In.
    Guys, thank you for your advice. I did sell it yesterday at the 1500 for $1650.
    Also it was an IOM. Not the newest model.
    I will be listing more of my collection soon.
    Thanks, Mike.

Indyhandgunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    I just can't believe these panic prices, it's outrageous. I would never even pay 1000 for a five seven, let alone 2 grand+. Everyone else must just have way more money than I do (or way less sense).

Top Bottom