• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    LOL ,well you kind of still set your self up,,,,Military saying ,This is my Weapon (DI holds out his M16),This is my gun (DI graps his lower area of his body),This is for Killing ,this is for fun.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    22lr,

I would go with a Remington 597 or 10/22

inexpensive, basic

Then move up to

Starter Long Rifle, well your gonna want a nice M44 Nagant, cheap ammo, quality surplus rifle, Check that barrel

Then your gonna need to get an AK74 I would say one in a 5.45x39 if not 7.62 Russian.
    I would go with a Saiga or Arsenal, Norinco M90, or FEG or AMD65
    or a Tantal if its a good build...
    You would want to get one while they are around.

Then finally you would want to get a AR, just because:rockwoot:

my two cents :DINDYK

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    Ruger 10/22 has more after market parts for it ,but Istill like remmington 597 mag, yeah shells are more than 22lr ,but tomatoes at 60 70 yrds look really cool when ya shoot them with the mag bout $10 for 50rds +head shots at 100yrds in will stop anything round here ( w/mag)

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I would also suggest .22 for a first rifle. Being as .22's are cheap, you can get a lot of trigger time. If you are looking for a semi-auto. Then the Ruger 10/22, Remington 597, and Marlin 60 are all good choices. If you want something that you can upgrade later to your hearts content, then go with the 10/22. As for a bolt action, I would go with Marlin or Savage. They are reasonably priced, and are both accurate and reliable. If you have some money to drop, you also have CZ and Browning. You are going to pay more for those choices. My :twocents:

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I vote for a .22 caliber autoloading rifle. The 10/22 is awesome. One of my buddies just got a marlin 60 and it looks pretty good too (less expensive than the ruger).

Whatever route you take, I'd suggest getting a .22 and then getting all the rest of the guns suggested.

Whichever rifle you get, learn to use it. I suggest checking out the appleseed project. We have lots of fun and teach great marksmanship skills.

hc4sar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    cent IN.
    Yup the .22 is most likely the best bet for a "new" long gunner. as for what one? put your but in the car and go looking for what pleases your fancy! the "guys" have given you many,many good choices from their points of view and experiences,listen to them! just remember if you scope your new toy don't scrimp on the glass,oh,oh new thread! now get out there and do it!!
    :ingo:

Top Bottom