• Total voters

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Well guys and gals, i've recently come into some "play" money, and i'm torn on how to spend it. I've got 3 ideas on which way to spend it, but am curious on what you all think. As of now my current collection is as follows:
    Bersa Thunder .380 Plus
    Springfield Arms GI 1911 .45
    Charter Arms Undercover .38
    Stag Arms Model 3L AR15
    Savage Bolt .22
    (assorted shotguns)

My 3 ideas on how to blow the money is on a new handgun, suppressor on my AR + tax stamp, or accessories to make my AR pretty. The first 2 options are fairly self explanatory. The third consists of a Magpul PRS stock, pistol grip, and front and rear flip up sights all in matching field dark earth (FDE) which will compliment the Magpul AFG and PMAG in FDE i already have. As i said, i have the money to do 1 of these things, not all 3. What do you guys think is the best choice? :D

Thanks in advance for the advice!
    John

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Any specific handgun in mind?

I only ask because with your current collection it seems like you have home defense and carry covered. Just wondering what handgun you were thinking about?

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Before I realized how much "play" money i actually had i was debating on getting a Bersa Thunder .40 HC Pro.
    thumbnail.aspx

But now that i have more money than i thought, i figured i'd pick up my next "gotta have" gun. I'll let the picture do the talking on this one! ;)
    beretta92a1_1251_detail.jpg

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Nice Beretta! :rockwoot:

Tough choice you got there.

If you went the route of dressing up the AR you would have a some left to buy some ammo and/or a few extra mags as well.

I guess if it were me I would get the AR done up and get a few more mags to go with it and some ammo, then whatever I had leftover I would save back for the pistol purchase. That's just what I would do though. Good luck with your decision. :ingo:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    How about spending the money on some quality training? With the amount of money you're talking about, you have just enough to take a Defensive Pistol and a Rifle class. Or even 2 Pistol classes.

Instead of increasing your collection, increase your knowledge and ability. Learn how to shoot and operate the hell out of your small collection.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Tough call. Everyone ought to at least try a 1911, but Suppressors are always a hoot. On the THIRD hand, though, Love Machine makes a very valid point about training. As is often said, ya gotta love the Love Machine.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    My vote is for a full size, high capacity handgun in 9mm or 45. You shot well with the .380 but I think you would shoot extrememly well with a 9mm. Especially that 92 you posted up. You could start to compete with that if you wanted to as well.

A side note on the PRS, unless you have some ridiculously high optics the cheek riser has no use. It is heavy as well. I had one and sold it.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I vote for a handgun... Only not one of the ones you have mentioned... I'd get a .22 pistol. They're a ton of fun and cheap to shoot. I'd personally recommend a Ruger MK or 22/45 depending on your preference. There are also a lot of different variations to suit your needs/wants and your budget.

Top Bottom