• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glockman22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle
    Hi all, I recently sold my bike and now Im getting ready to buy a gun safe for my current small collection, and other valuables(because things come up missing from my room for some reason) and I was wanting some opinions on what to get to add to/help fill the safe. I already own a Glock 22rtf, Taurus pt92af(might be sold soon though) and a DPMS a-15 carbine, I know for a fact since the taurus is for sale Im gonna be getting a beretta 90-two and a Remington 700 sps in .308, but im looking for another handgun or two, and another fifle of non ar style(even though you can never have enough) I was thinking of an ak or something for the rifle and ??????? in 45 acp for the handgun, and maybe a revolver on top of that, any one have any good input on good guns in those parameters. All info/opinions will be greatly apreciated.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    What ever yo do don't get a Marlin 30/30, cheap available ammo, quick handling, not a bad choice for self defense that doesn't get a one'eyed squint.

Yep I've known more than one man that's sold all other rifles just for the chance of owning a 336, or a 1894, or a 39. Marlinitis terrible addiction with no known cure.

I'ts many a man I've known in my time
    That labor, away to own a Marlin 39
    It'll form as habit and seep in your soul
    Until the stream of your blood smells just like gun oil

BwaaahahahahahhaHeheh bwaaahahgahahh Hehehehhe!!!! :runaway: <>< Duce

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    What ever yo do don't get a Marlin 30/30, cheap available ammo, quick handling, not a bad choice for self defense that doesn't get a one'eyed squint.

Yep I've known more than one man that's sold all other rifles just for the chance of owning a 336, or a 1894, or a 39. Marlinitis terrible addiction with no known cure.

I'ts many a man I've known in my time
    That labor, away to own a Marlin 39
    It'll form as habit and seep in your soul
    Until the stream of your blood smells just like gun oil

BwaaahahahahahhaHeheh bwaaahahgahahh Hehehehhe!!!! :runaway: <>< Duce
    I think most on here know I am a huge fan of the ak and would recommend everyone to have at least one.But this is a good point.I own 3 30-30 rifles and right now it is one of the few rifle calibers that is cheap and available(along with my much love 270 Winchester).So make a note of this thread as I am going to do something rare,and recommend a 30-30 over getting an AK. Every wally world that is out of all pistol ammo,7.62x39 ammo,308 ammo still has 12-14 dollar a box 30-30.And the 30-30 is a very proven round with reliable rifle platforms.

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    Get a glock19 and something in 7.62x39, 30-30, 270, or .308. I dont think you can go wrong with any of those options. I did shoot a 270 the other day for the first time. WOW!! that thing is awsome. It makes shooting an AR much less exciting

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    Okay if you don't have a shotgun then I change my suggestion to a shotgun. My mossberg 930 spx is one of my favorites right now.

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    :+1:On a good pump shotgun, it doesn't need to be a riot or tacticool, check out the pawn shops for an 870 , Ithica, or a Mossberg 500. Don't worry to much about the style barrel, my 870 came with a rifle sighted slug barrel I trade it for a plain field barrel that I cut to 18.5" and reset the bead, then picked up a 28" vent rib barrel with tubes for hunting.
    Don't forget a good .22 rimfire rifle and handgun, 10/22's were mentioned. I lean towards Marlins while 39's are high dollar 60's are relative cheap and sturdy. Hand guns are another matter toppiung ther list would be a Ruger MK model. Don't over look a good revolver, Ruger security series come to mind Taurus has some quality problems, some Smith's can be had at bargain prices but aren't as robust. Many will question the need for a revolver, but remember an semi auto is a clumsy single shot with a broken or misplaced magazine. Not taking revlover over auto just practicing the Boy Scout motto "Always Be Prepared". :@ya: <>< Duce:

rw65hdd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Niles
    Ithaca Model 37 12ga. featherlite or Mossberg 535 ats and put a tactical turkey stock on it. I have both and lean more to the 535 for the combo of hunting and home defense.

glockman22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle
    What about stocking up on ammo instead of buying more than a few guns?

+1, I plan on getting 1000 rds of ss109 penatrators(I know sounds like over kill and definatly is, I just like shooting at stuff(definatly non living things) Any guns I will be buying will be for HD, SD/carry I tend to lean more towars military/tactical weapons all of your suggestions are awesome so keep them up I will definatly take some to heart, and oh yeah, sorry I forgot the pumps, Id like to get a 500 moss

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    For a revolver nothing is more versatile than a 4" .357 Magnum (Smith 19-3, Ruger Security Six/GP100 are my top two/three). Also great for letting first timers shoot .38 cat fart (or is that cat sneeze :) ) target loads. The heavy gun takes away the recoil.

If you're a deer hunter then a 6" or longer barrel would be a good idea, and I would step up to a .44 Magnum or .45 Colt. The Ruger Blackhawk with a scope is hard to beat for deer hunting.

A Ruger Single Six Convertible is also a must have. The 5-1/2" balances perfectly.

Be warned, good revolvers are addicting.

Top Bottom