• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I carry a Kershaw Leek 3" blade. Its just the right size to ride in my pocket all day and plenty of blade for most tasks I come across.

In the kitchen a small inexpensive utility knife I'm very happy with is a CKRT Edgie 2.85" blade. It cuts box's open packages and mail. Its a cheap $20 knife that stays sharp do to the self sharpening feature.

sigsauer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Zero Tolerance 0300 Strider Onion Folder Knife (Black)

Folding knife co-designed by KAI's Ken Onion and Strider. Features SpeedSafe assisted opening system. 3/8-in. hex head pivot shaft nut makes field adjustments possible with minimal tools. Ambidextrous thumb stud or index-finger protrusion for one-handed opening. Reversible pocket clip

Specifications: Steel: S30V stainless-steel. Handle: 3D machined, G-10 and Titanium Blade
    Length: 3 3/4 in. (9.5 cm) Closed Length: 5 1/4 in. (13.3 cm)
    Weight: 8.6 oz

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Depending upon whether I'm in "work" clothes or "dress" clothes, I generally carry a 3" Leatherman folder and a 3 1/2" Junk Yard Dog II and/or a 4" Applegate-Fairbarn folder. If blade length is a consideration (like in Chicago), I have several smaller folders I can carry.

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    I like to carry at least two at all times. And I usually prefer Bigger Folders, but it really comes down to where I am going and how I am dressed..!!! :twocents:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I have shot my knives, chopped down trees with my folders, and any number of other things your not supposed to do with knives and they have ALL come through without a scratch. so no I am not afraid of them getting all jacked up.:)

Sounds like spending a little bit more $ on a quality blade may be in the near future for me... .

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    Been carrying an Emerson Commander or ZT 0301 as my primary knife.. Guess thats gonna change.... I just aquired a STRIDER SMF with green G-10 . BIG THANKS to Brad of Bradsknives.!!!!

Capt. Jeff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Kershaw Leek! i love that knife! the speed assist is awesome and super fast!!

i prefer a spring assisted knife, and the Leek does it for me, plus the price is good too!
    i also got mine from Brad!! small world huh?

mwmccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    Seymour
    Spyderco Manix 2, CTS-XHP steel. 3 3/8" blade. Emerson rivalling ergo's. IMHO, the single best EDC knife I have ever owned :rockwoot:

When dressed up all nice and "purty" I carry a Spyderco Kiwi CF or Benchmade 940 or Kershaw Leek stainless.

Top Bottom