What slip on recoil pad will fit a Mosin Nagant?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Ok ok before anyone says anything along the lines of "Recoil pads are for pansies" ect ect. I have heard it all from the kind folks at TFL without them answering my question.

But I would like to get a slip on pad to make shooting the Nagant more comfortable, and be able to shoot it longer without shooter's fatigue.
    Also I want my girlfriend to fire it, but she won't because of the metal plate on the butt of the stock.

So I would like to know what brand of slip on pad will fit a Mosin Nagant. Specifically a Mosin Nagant M44. :D

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    we dont need no stinking recoil pad.

you can get a slip on from walmart or dicks that should do the trick. there is also a "vest" type pad that walmart sells

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Wimpy or not grumpe and I both use PAST(very good brand) recoil pads. I can shoot 100 rounds and still open my car door lol. They sell them for 20 dollars or so at Gander Mountain. It really makes a difference in the summer when shooting in a t-shirt,in the winter I do not really use a pad. It is not a slip on pad as I hate those,this is worn on the shoulder.
    Gander Mountain® > Past Mag Recoil Shield Ambidextrous

Last edited:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    You should know that the slip over rubber pads can change the color of the wood under them over a period of time. So you get to pick between and easy to get on and off pad so you can store it off - but one that will be wobbly -OR- you can get one that fits like a glove but will stain/discolor the wood underneath over time.

Since it is a mosin, who really cares though.

This spring I will need to strip and stain my mosin and then make these same choices. So do keep us up to date on how you go and how well it works!

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I thought about this a while back and decided to go the wearable pad route. It's one pad you can use with all your guns. +1 on the PAST pads.

Top Bottom