• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    I need help figuring out what model spyderco this is.

Basically the story is, the knife belonged to my grandfather and now I have it, The initial issue is the lock back system is worn out and its basically a slip joint now and some horrible things were done to the edge of this knife.

From what I understand spydercos warranty only extends to the original purchaser. If it is possible to have this sent into spyderco and have the parts replaced to fit the lock and a new edge put back on not under warranty obviously I would like to do that depending on cost, However if this model is discontinued im sure they don't stock parts for it any more. This was probably purchased early 2000s. Blade says it has AUS 6 stainless steel. But no serial number or model number.

Any input as to what model it is would be appreciated.

to me it looks like a delica II but ive been wrong before.

Pics below

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    FWIW, I've had good luck with Spyderco CS. Nice lady there helped me get a new pocket clip.

I would give them a call.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You are 100% covered under the warranty.
    https://www.spyderco.com/edge-u-cation/index.php?item=10

Looks to be a Delica II from what I have read on the Spyderco forums, they were discontinued in 2006 so I would personally call Spyderco first to see if they even have the parts needed to fix the knife before sending it in.

Good advice!

Also, if it was Grandpa's knife, my opinion is clean it, put it in a display box, and get a new knife for actually using.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    what model is that zt?

ZT0301.. Get one its awesome..

Yeah im on the fence about sending it in. Really just thought it would be cool to at least get the lock fixed if possible and get a new edge on it. Probably would never carry it again because these stainless knives like to slide off my pocket.

Thanks for for the info guys.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    ZT0301.. Get one its awesome..

Yeah im on the fence about sending it in. Really just thought it would be cool to at least get the lock fixed if possible and get a new edge on it. Probably would never carry it again because these stainless knives like to slide off my pocket.

Thanks for for the info guys.

I would reccomend if anyone wants a 0300 series knife they hurry ZT discontinued them to my knowledge.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    I would reccomend if anyone wants a 0300 series knife they hurry ZT discontinued them to my knowledge.

Even the 0301?

I knew the 0300 and 0302 were gone.. thought the 0301s were being made still?

The previous gen was discontinued with the circle over travel stop on the lock bar.. now its a new over travel design
    Unless this is a recent thing within the last few weeks.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Even the 0301?

I knew the 0300 and 0302 were gone.. thought the 0301s were being made still?

The previous gen was discontinued with the circle over travel stop on the lock bar.. now its a new over travel design
    Unless this is a recent thing within the last few weeks.

ZT website shows all of the ZT030X models discontinued and has for a while.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    ZT website shows all of the ZT030X models discontinued and has for a while.

They were discontinued when I got mine over a year ago. Seems like they still have plenty left though.

The "discontinued" part really helped sugar coat the expense though when telling the wife. :)

Top Bottom