• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Of the new lines of pistols, what stands out in terms of quality and craftsmanship? CZ, Walther, Kahr, Smith, where's the cat's meow when looking for a carry piece? For me, Glock has lost the mantle.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    There are many lines you can draw. You could say any Smith revolver made after 1980 or any Beretta made with metal injection. The line is subjective. I was wandering what today is still worth buying. Or is it best to keep looking back?

Corbinator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    In my opinion the Bottom Line is what manufacturers are producing today. Pride in a product and Quality are fading fast. How cheap can they make it is the name of the game.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    IMHO, other than the "T" series, Kahrs are pretty much built for one purpose, and that is to carry. They are slim, single stack and simple to operate. They occasionally build a "lemon", but who doesn't? They are built to fairly tight tolerances and after 200 rounds or so most are good to go.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Of the new lines of pistols, what stands out in terms of quality and craftsmanship? CZ, Walther, Kahr, Smith, where's the cat's meow when looking for a carry piece? For me, Glock has lost the mantle.

IMO the M&P and Shield are where it's at. Comparable reliability to the Glock, but the grip doesn't feel like a robot wiener in your hand.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend

How (for you) has Glock lost the mantle?

I personally have never liked Glocks for carry due to their bulk.

IMHO, other than the "T" series, Kahrs are pretty much built for one purpose, and that is to carry. They are slim, single stack and simple to operate. They occasionally build a "lemon", but who doesn't? They are built to fairly tight tolerances and after 200 rounds or so most are good to go.

IMO Kahrs are overpriced. I feel like there are better carry options from Kel-Tec and Ruger. Heck even now Springfield has the little single stack .45 xds. I've never owned or shot that tho. I would love to try it out.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I own several different brands, but EDC is a Glock of some sort. Why carry anything else?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    It it's built for certain function than it's served its purpose. And frankly, no one does that function better than Kahr. Years and years of above par use.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    IMO Kahrs are overpriced. I feel like there are better carry options from Kel-Tec and Ruger. Heck even now Springfield has the little single stack .45 xds. I've never owned or shot that tho. I would love to try it out.
    You get what you pay for. I understand that paying $500-$700 for a little ccw seems a bit much. But once you have it and use it on a daily basis, you may still curse it but you can't live without it. Kahr, especially the PMs and MKs, are the gold standard of ccw options.

I never have to worry about a Kahr jamming or being there when I need it. The Kahr will last 20 years or more if properly maintained and shot rarely. The Kel-Tec or Ruger are half the price, but after a time you know what you've got.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    FN is impressing me more and more. If I were going to carry a polymer pistol, I'd give it strong consideration.

Top Bottom