• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I am wonder what you guys use for target ammo. I am not into reloading yet, thats a goal for this winter. So for right now tell me what you shoot. I normally stick with Federal or WWB, Any one use pmc or other brands reliably?

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I load my own, but in a pinch, I'll usually go with either WWB or Federal. In my 22 rifle, I always go with Federal bulk box 550 rounds for under $20 and as accurate as I need it to be. Fro reloading I use Hornady components. And for SD, Hornady Critical Defense.

mikerccie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Indy - North Side
    If I buy at WallyWorld it ends up being WWB, my indoor range sells Seller/Beloit and some other eastern-bloc ammo. I buy Aguilla (sp) at the gun show and my guns love it.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Are you saving your brass now for this winter? You better do so because its free and youd be wasting it if you just let it lay there for somebody else to grab. When i shoot brass i usually use WWB or Blazer brass.

If you decided not to keep the brass your shooting now then shoot steel case instead. When i shoot steel its usually Tula or Silver Bear.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    If I don't have anything else laying around I usually pick up some WWB. I've used Brown Bear, Golden Tiger, PMC, and S&B as well though.

Brown Bear I've had tons of problems with but lets face it, for $4.00 a box of 50 you can't complain too much when you're just mag dumping anyways. Golden Tiger for the AK has ran flawlessly, not a single problem, along with PMC and S&B in the AR.

Depending on what you're shooting and what you're shooting for, be it accuracy or just to release some frustration, you can't go wrong with some of the cheap boxes.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I started reloading my own this year and I'll never go back. Thanks to Andrew at ProFire Arms & Supply (INGO sponsor plug), I'm saving a ton of money on ammo compared to before. For target I've been using Berry's plated or some lead semi-wad cutters a buddy gave me. Hodgdon TiteGroup or Alliant Bullseye are the powders I've been using for both 45 ACP and .40 S&W.

For 22lr, I use Federal Champion. Bought 10 boxes of the blue box online for 149.99 (no tax, no shipping).

As noted above, start saving your brass now. When you do your first couple of reload sessions you want to be able to do a few hundred in order to establish a good, repeatable routine. You don't want to be loading 50 at a time anyway.

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    In my .40 I used to use USA's, but it was only a $1 more for the Federals from Wally and my gun shoots those a lot better. I was switching to auto from a .357 revolver so confidence was big thing for me. My new Glock .45 doesn't seem to care as much especially from 15 yrds in so I buy the cheapest (non russian) i can get. My AR I shoot Federal 5.56 because you can buy that in bulk as cheep as .223's online and figure that is what I will shoot when the zombies come ;) I have been saving my brass to, but haven't reloaded yet. Hopefully my wife with get me a kit this Christmas.

Happy Shooting

Top Bottom