• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Now that you have my curiosity, I will have to attempt some research, but off the cuff, I would guess something generally similar with an M79 grenade launcher.

marcp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Indiana
    I'm think a blunderbuss as well. Just the site of that will make you want to run for the hill's..

The world is full of zombie's,some not so dead yet....

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Kirk has a high probability of being right. A 40mm grenade launcher and a 37mm gas/flare gun are hard to distinguish by the bore size, at least in my reckoning.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    That looks more like .75 caliber and the barrel is way long for a grenade launcher. I wouldn't want it shot at me, whatever it is.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That looks more like .75 caliber and the barrel is way long for a grenade launcher. I wouldn't want it shot at me, whatever it is.

You have to keep in mind that you are judging the size by the size of the men who, generally, are significantly smaller than us.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Potato gun. Its a widely known fact* that Burmese are deathly allergic to leucoplasts, a starch found in tubers. Potatoes and compressed air are significantly cheaper and easier to obtain in Burma, hence very few traditional firearms are used by the government (and those only for dealing with foreigner criminals). A single potato fired into a wall near protestors is likely to kill several and incapacitate dozens from the spray of leucoplasts.

Alternately, it's probably a type of gas grenade launcher, similar to this:

mac-m-79a.jpg

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Potato gun. Its a widely known fact* that Burmese are deathly allergic to leucoplasts, a starch found in tubers. Potatoes and compressed air are significantly cheaper and easier to obtain in Burma, hence very few traditional firearms are used by the government (and those only for dealing with foreigner criminals). A single potato fired into a wall near protestors is likely to kill several and incapacitate dozens from the spray of leucoplasts.

Alternately, it's probably a type of gas grenade launcher, similar to this:

mac-m-79a.jpg

Given that they, for the most part, don't have the most modern equipment, I was thinking more of this:

Tru-Flite-37mm-Super-Long-Range-Gas-Gun.jpg

Top Bottom