• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I can't tell if this is live or memorex. Mind you, I don't know much about the source, whether the Daily Caller is really trustworthy or not I mean. But this seems sort of Interesting. Evidentally, a CBS affiliate in Arizona called the election for Barack Obama over Mitt Romney by 43% to 40%. The thing is, they did it on October 19th on Daytime TV.

Why Vote, Obama's Already Won

Now I'm not usually the tin foil hat sort, and this may have simply been an error of some department running political projections and one accidentally ended up on screen. I'll try and find out if anything else has come out about it. But it seemed a little hokey to me. Just thought I'd share.

Last edited:

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    popcornandbeer.gif

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    From KPHO's MyFace page

KPHO Damage Control said:
    On Friday October 19th during a test of KPHO- CBS 5’s election returns software we inadvertently aired a test graphic for about 15 seconds in an episode of Peoples Court. The mistake was caught quickly and taken off the screen. With the election about 2 weeks away, the TV station routinely tests its equipment to ensure our viewers have the very latest’s results on election night. We regret the error and apologize to any viewer who was confused by the mistake.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    well, i would say, just remember, the press has been wrong about the presidential race before. After all, they printed off the story of the wrong person winning before. As for this case, im thinking its very wishful thinking to try and discourage some voters to stay at home, so their candidate will win. Personally though, if i was told that the one that i wanted to win was behind, that would make me all the more eager to vote, but since we are dealing with the American Public, that knows more about American Idol then things going on in the world, what you expect.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    A "test graphic"... it will be a curious thing if we see that same count on election night... my tinfoil hat powers are tingling...

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    All it takes is one button push to put up that test graphic.

I've accidentally done it myself. :ugh:

I posited that that was the reason for it in the original post. I do find it bizarre the result of the election at the time it was "mistakenly broadcast." Were they testing the functionality of the software itself do you think, or the response time to broadcast, or something similar. If just a test graphic, why not all zeroes?

A "test graphic"... it will be a curious thing if we see that same count on election night... my tinfoil hat powers are tingling...

I sincerely doubt we'll see the same numbers. I'm not a tinfoiler, but even suggesting the system is so monumentally corrupt that the election is already decided, they'd have to change the vote count or add a professional clairvoyant to their payroll.

Just in case though, I screencap'd and saved.

VidGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muncie
    I posited that that was the reason for it in the original post. I do find it bizarre the result of the election at the time it was "mistakenly broadcast." Were they testing the functionality of the software itself do you think, or the response time to broadcast, or something similar. If just a test graphic, why not all zeroes?

Because graphics like this are often tied to a database, and you want to be sure the link is working correctly.

For example: For football games, a player's stats are fed into a website that tracks all of the stats for the NFL. That link is referenced in an Excel spreadsheet. The graphics computer has a plug-in that references the Excel spreadsheet to obtain the numbers needed for that player. That's how their stats come up so fast on a graphic.

Top Bottom