• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm so pissed off right now I'm about to blow a gasket. I've been here on INGO for a few years now and I've learned some things. One of the things I've heard repeatedly by those who must obviously know more than I do, is that I, a public employee, do not have to pay taxes.

I went to Kroger earlier today to purchase a few items for the family dinner of bean soup. When I got home I looked at the receipt and found this:
    Receipt.jpg

Now I know that the police aren't popular around these parts. I may not get the information I'm seeking but would one of you, who knows so much more than I do, point me the action I need to take to ensure nothing like this ever shows up on one of my receipts again? Is there a special membership card or something? Does it work across state lines also? Once I have it I'm going to the Auditor's office to get this crap scraped off of my property taxes and I'd like to use it to make buying a replacement for my recently crashed truck a little easier on the wallet.

Thanks in advance for the help.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    As a public employee don't you get cost of living pay increases to defray these "taxes"? Aren't your salaries derived FROM these taxes? If EVERYONE worked for the government and made $35,000 per year, but paid $6,000 per year in taxes...How long could we ALL work for the government?

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Sounds like someone got really pumped up at the gym today.

(Also, Cory, slide looks great. I already have the gun put back together.)

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Sounds like someone got really pumped up at the gym today.

(Also, Cory, slide looks great. I already have the gun put back together.)

Awww Craig, you shouldn't have posted that. Now I'm going to be accused of shooting steroids!!!!!!!

(I did pull the hypo out of my butt cheek before I walked out of there didn't I?)

Post up a pic! I wanna see it, that slide is bada$$.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The grape juice is what I drink with dinner, water the rest of the day.

Cheesecloth is what I wrap the ham bone in to keep the little bits of schmutz out of the beans while it's cooking.

Brenda must have been the name of the self checkout machine cause that's what I used. Her voice is kind of sexy though.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    As a public employee don't you get cost of living pay increases to defray these "taxes"? Aren't your salaries derived FROM these taxes? If EVERYONE worked for the government and made $35,000 per year, but paid $6,000 per year in taxes...How long could we ALL work for the government?

Well sure, and the money I spent in there went to the people who grew the beans, raised and slaughtered the hogs, drove the trucks to Kroger, stocked the shelves and worked the checkout registers. Then they take that same government money and spend it in a similar manner. Part of that goes back to the government in taxes which are dispersed to welfare recipients, public employees, protection of the country via the military and subsidizing just about every industry in the country. It's like a carnival ride for currency.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    It was obviously a mistake on Krogers part. Here's what you do to get back at them; Have a buddy make a MWG call in the Kroger parking lot. Then when the SWAT team gets the call, you roll in and lock down the store for a few hours "for their own safety". It works really well at Walmarts' in Tennessee and you can have the pleasure of watching their profits and store rep tumble.
    Next time they'll be a little more respectful when you come thru the doors. :D

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Well sure, and the money I spent in there went to the people who grew the beans, raised and slaughtered the hogs, drove the trucks to Kroger, stocked the shelves and worked the checkout registers. Then they take that same government money and spend it in a similar manner. Part of that goes back to the government in taxes which are dispersed to welfare recipients, public employees, protection of the country via the military and subsidizing just about every industry in the country. It's like a carnival ride for currency.
    Okay, now what about the part where EVERYONE works for the government at X dollars per year but only pays R dollars per year taxes? How is that sustainable? You seem to be missing the connection that NON gov employees pay the taxes and GOV employees along with welfare and social security recipients collect on them.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Okay, now what about the part where EVERYONE works for the government at X dollars per year but only pays R dollars per year taxes? How is that sustainable? You seem to be missing the connection that NON gov employees pay the taxes and [STRIKE]GOV employees along with[/STRIKE] welfare and social security recipients collect on them.

As a government worker I earn my money, and then some. I also work part time jobs and the pay I earn from them is taxed. I also run a small business and the money I earn from that is taxed.

So, we've established that I do pay taxes now, right? Would it be ok if everyone felt like my opinion carries as much weight as yours?

Top Bottom