• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I am going to share the snow pile in the drive story. I was sub contracting for a large landscape company and was plowing at an HOA for them over by Eagle Creek. I plowed the road just like county plows would plow. Go with blade angled right, windrow. That way both sides of road gets small curb of snow. Drunk guy comes out yelling at me at like 2 am about putting snow in front of his driveway, I explain I have to put it somewhere and he said well put it on the people across the roads side. I laughed at him and kept doing my job, he then came out yelling at me that he needed out of his drive and I better clean his drive up by the time he gets back.

I called my boss just to let him know what was up and address of complainer. He said just ignore the guy. He then called me back 5 minutes later and told me to put as much snow in the guys drive that I could. I laughed and said seriously? He said do it. HOA President told my boss this guy is a drunk and does nothing but cause trouble, he gave me permission to bury the idiot.

I am not kidding you guys. I put my plow in scoop position.....and by the time I was done the pile was 2 driveways wide......40 feet from garage door to sidewalk and at least 6-7 feet tall!! I kept plowing and was finishing up the roads and this car comes flying in behind me to block me. He jumps out and comes running up to my truck yelling I have to move that snow. I told him to pound sand, call the HOA.

Let's just say he never got his snow moved by me and he never ran his mouth to me the rest of that winter.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sounds like they just don't want to deal with it.
    Hence why I suggested finding Deputy Dad. Some cops just dont think what he is doing is worth their time. Bigger fish to fry.

EDIT: Or learn to pit him the next time he tries to pass on the double yellow. LOL

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    People that complain about the plow putting snow on their driveway.
    Where do you think it's gonna go?

I told someone to complain about it. That way, the plow will stop cleaning our street. And everyone will know it's because of him.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is a lesson I’m trying to learn myself: we don’t “teach people a lesson.” Jerks are jerks, and will continue to be jerks. We live in a society that thinks it’s always the other guy who is wrong. This guy sounds like a jerk. Confronting him will probably be a blow to his ego and he will not say “oh wow, you’re totally right, sorry about that.” It may cause him to be more of a jerk.

Call the local police/sheriff/whatever. Ask to speak to the Chief/Sheriff/whomever is the highest-ranking person you can get on the phone. Tell them the problem, explain your concern for the safety of the children, ask if an officer can be sent down to observe for the bad driver. Ask for an email address for that person and tell them you’d like to be able to follow up with them. In my experience, that’ll get the ball rolling down the chain of command and someone will go down there to watch for him. If you make it known you’ll be following up, they won’t want you blowing them up about it and will make sure someone responds. If I were in your situation, that’s what I’d do anyway.
    As much as we might like to get out and pound someone like that guy, it’s more likely to escalate things beyond what you expected.

But. Doc did say it was a rental. And if he got the insurance…I’m just saying. It leaves some options open.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Center Grove police were kind enough to inform me if i approached him to talk and it got violent I could be charged with provocation :orly:

Like I'd do that without an audio recording going. They know this guy is a problem and the school has setup special pick up area for him. There is an officer on school grounds at pick up..but I was told they would NOT be there for this conversation :dunno:
    Is VICE32 really the plate #?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Is it a VW ID.4? Did you reverse search the address to get a name? Maybe Shawn M.? If that sounds about right, maybe MYCASE his name and see if he has driving citations.
    You are very insightful. I have checked my case. Not much there. The police told me he knows his rights and how to behave when they are around.

I asked if they do any proactive "sting" situations since this guy tends to violate traffic laws on the daily during school commutes. cG police said talk to county

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    People that complain about the plow putting snow on their driveway.
    Where do you think it's gonna go?

I told someone to complain about it. That way, the plow will stop cleaning our street. And everyone will know it's because of him.
    NIMBY

Or actually NIMD. :):

Could be worse. Our road is 3 passes wide. in our block for several years, the contractor would skip the third pass down my side of the street because the pattern he figured out would require doubling back one too many times. I went out one morning after getting like 8" of snow and saw a 6' wide strip of unplowed area from corner to corner on my side of the street. Looking left beyond the intersection was totally clear curb to curb as far as I could see. If I walked to the other corner so I could see where our road continued past the jog, curb to curb cleared as well. Just our 3 house strip didnt get the 3rd pass.

So to get out of my drive, I would not only have to shovel/blow my drive, but also 6' out into the street. and also 6'x 20' to clear my mailbox.

Thank GOD Ive got a good 2 stage self propelled blower.

EDIT: and it is a city contractor, no HOA so no easy complaint that would actually get any real results. So I just thanked God I was blessed with the mechanical tool to handle it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I may or may not have parked too close to guys like that myself once or twice. If you are that protective of your ride you feel you need two spaces, go park out in the hinterlands to take those spaces. Hell, take FOUR if you are out of the way. IDC. Just dont take up two (or more) spaces literally the 2nd and 3rd spaces past the handicapped up near the entrance. Thats just rude AF.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Just side note to the direction this thread has gone sir;

How does law enforcement determine who is at fault in road rage incidents? What if it becomes an altercation and weapons come into play?

Which party's say so is to be believed?
    There is no easy answer to that. Witness statements or video evidence helps. A lot of times, cases are submitted to the Prosecutor's Office for review and final determination on charges.

Top Bottom