3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    I think in addition to buyer/seller feedback, there should be another feedback category on INGO: Negative feedback for the wannabe lawyers that dispense legal advice that leads to another member's arrest that's dumb enough to follow it :)

"F+ Rating! Followed INGO advice and told the cop I don't have to get out of the car. Went to Ezkenazi then Intake. Will not take advice again."

Hjarnett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Denver,in
    I don't see what the problem is if the officer ask you to get out then just get out I was raised up being told if you act like a dick you get treated like a dick

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I hope everyone has their sarcasometer well calibrated and turned on high, about two thirds of the posts in this thread would be in grape if Fenway had paid the bill for the ink.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    [h=2]What to do during a traffic stop?[/h]

1. Relax.
    2. Pull over and stop.
    3. Get your license and registration. If there is a gun in the glove box, for whatever reason, don't open it until you tell the copper.
    4. Don't scamper around in the front seat like a squirrel. Relax. It's just an infraction.
    5. You don't have to tell him about your handgun(s). Why raise the topic? Shut your baconhole.
    6. As he is running your license, tell yourself to pay more attention to the traffic code. The road is not yours, you have to share. The traffic code exists for a reason.
    7. If he wants you out of the car, get out of car. I may tell him about the gun(s) now. The Supreme Court reasoning for having people out of cars is completely flawed, but you have to come out of the car if he says so.
    8. Relax, shut up, do as the officer directs, shut up, take your ticket (you can fight it, or maybe divert it later, no reason to hold court with the cop--you will lose). Move on with life, it's just an infraction.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I never inform. IANAL but Kirk and TFT/Guy are, and they both say keep your bacon hole shut.

My window was broken and when the officer got to the door i simply said "my window doesn't work, is it OK to open the door?"
    When he said yes I opened the door. He told me he pulled me for expired tags. so I reached for my extension and when I leaned over I exposed my weak side and my mag carrier. He asked "are you armed", I said "Yes Sir", handed him my paperwork and he let me go. I probably could have said no, but that would have made him suspicious.

I have had the window fixed and have taken the INGO advise to keep my paperwork more handy. I have a long leather wallet with registration and insurance card between the seats.

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    I don't see what the problem is if the officer ask you to get out then just get out I was raised up being told if you act like a dick you get treated like a dick

But then you might not suffer any injustices by the jack-boots and your right-to-liberty diatribe on INGO won't be as interesting :) For example, "Cop stopped me and asked me if I was carrying. I know I don't have to tell him but I did. He asked me to get out of the car. I know I don't have to but I did. We had a nice conversation and he let me go with no paperwork." Just doesn't have the same effect as an indignant rant, you know?

I agree. I've always been polite and respectful, even if I disagreed. That might have something to do with why I've never been tased or treated poorly.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think in addition to buyer/seller feedback, there should be another feedback category on INGO: Negative feedback for the wannabe lawyers that dispense legal advice that leads to another member's arrest that's dumb enough to follow it :)

"F+ Rating! Followed INGO advice and told the cop I don't have to get out of the car. Went to Ezkenazi then Intake. Will not take advice again."

You can give negative rep...

At least others with more rep power than you can.

Tooms

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Johnson County
    I think the single most important thing you can do in regard to this subject is just think about what you would do beforehand. Right or wrong, at least your decisions in such a situation are calculated. :): Its much better than not putting any thought to it and winging it.

I've learned some form this thread also with regards to other states requiring you inform them.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill

Go ahead and mark me down for -F to the 3rd power for my earlier advice. I left out one important step.

After jumping out of the vehicle. Lock your keys in the car to avoid any unconstitutional searches. Then scream I have gun.

After the curb stomping, demand the officer slim jim your car for you. If given any greif, remind the officer that you pay his salary.

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    Go ahead and mark me down for -F to the 3rd power for my earlier advice. I left out one important step.

After jumping out of the vehicle. Lock your keys in the car to avoid any unconstitutional searches. Then scream I have gun.

After the curb stomping, demand the officer slim jim your car for you. If given any greif, remind the officer that you pay his salary.

You could run away from the car screaming, "IT'S GONNA BLOW!"

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Okay, I'm out. I'm still not answering questions. Now what?

Well, at that point, and since I thought I made clear that's wouldn't ask about a weapon unless I thought there was a problem, I would most assuredly pat you down. I'll give you a more recent example of a real life story: Not too long ago I tried pulling over a guy for speeding. Instead of pulling over immediately, he drove a little further than I liked, and pulled into car dealership lot. As I approach the door, he starts to open it, and I take my hand and close it back, preventing him from exiting. At this point he decided to go a profanity laced tirade and says he understands why people shoot cops. I ask for his DL, registration, and if he has any firearms in the car. He says he's not answering any questions unless I give him my DL, Badge number, and department issued ID. Well, I simply say "we're not playing this game tonight," and ask him out of the car. He refuses. I tell him he can either get out willingly, or be dragged out (by this time I have back-up). Well he gets out of the car, and is patted down.
    So yeah, nothing criminal suspected, but his demeanor and comments, made me decide to pull him out of the car. You have a problem with the way that was handled?

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    Seems like it would be safer for you to tase him. Is there a reg against tasing a guy who is still behind the wheel?

blacknwhite

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2016
    southwest
    Good luck with where this is headed officer. I believe you have people trying to push buttons. Simple story is don't give police a reason to make you have a bad day. Even if you think something they are doing is wrong. Cooperate and after its said and done....then follow up. Acting like an idiot in the moment is dangerous for you and the officer.

Top Bottom