• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    My family and I are taking a small vacation out to St. Louis next week. We are leaving early Wednesday and coming home Saturday. We are planning on checking out the Magic House, The Zoo, Grant's Farm, The Arch of course, probably Anheuser Busch (I prefer real beer, but hey a brewery tour is still a brewery tour). Is there anything else we should check out/avoid our kids are 1 and 3.

Also any info on if these places are carry friendly. I read that the brewery is not, but I haven't heard about the others. I CC so I am not too worried, but would still like to know.

Kart29

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    There's a Science Center that is free admission - it's a children's museum. It's right down town near the zoo and all the other stuff. The Magic House is cool but often very crowded and there's an admission charge I believe. You only have to pay for parking at the zoo.

There's a famous local ice-cream shop that's fun to visit if I can remember the name of it.

The thing I enjoyed the most was driving about 45 minutes west of St. Louis and visit the home of Daniel Boone. Super cool. That man was a superhero of unimaginable magnituded in today's society. I highly recommend it. I'm sure you can find details on the intardnets.

Avoid Six Flags at all costs. That place sucks and they are only interested in separating you from your money. Also, there's a city park out in the West County area where you can drive through and see Bison. The time I was there I actually got some splashes of Bison poop on my car door they were so close. Neat place.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    There's a Science Center that is free admission - it's a children's museum. It's right down town near the zoo and all the other stuff. The Magic House is cool but often very crowded and there's an admission charge I believe. You only have to pay for parking at the zoo.

There's a famous local ice-cream shop that's fun to visit if I can remember the name of it.

The thing I enjoyed the most was driving about 45 minutes west of St. Louis and visit the home of Daniel Boone. Super cool. That man was a superhero of unimaginable magnituded in today's society. I highly recommend it. I'm sure you can find details on the intardnets.

We will definitely have to check this out, I have never heard of it.

Avoid Six Flags at all costs. That place sucks and they are only interested in separating you from your money. Also, there's a city park out in the West County area where you can drive through and see Bison. The time I was there I actually got some splashes of Bison poop on my car door they were so close. Neat place.

Will do, we don't get into theme parks at all.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I went to the Magic house with my kids many years ago. A lady decided to ride the curly slide down from the third floor to the first floor with her kids. I was down there waiting for my kids to come out (I took the steps) when all of the sudden I hear clash, boom, and then BAM. I look up and see this lady's face planted against the plexiglass window that is part of the slide. She came rolling out of the slide like a bowling ball.

People ran to see if she was ok after she sprung to her feet in embarassment. I heard her telling someone that she thought she would go faster if she picked up her feet. I can vouch for that. She was rolling all the way down from the third floor to the first floor.

I have been to everything but Grants Farm. I have ridden to the top of the arch twice and enjoyed it both times.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I went to the Magic house with my kids many years ago. A lady decided to ride the curly slide down from the third floor to the first floor with her kids. I was down there waiting for my kids to come out (I took the steps) when all of the sudden I hear clash, boom, and then BAM. I look up and see this lady's face planted against the plexiglass window that is part of the slide. She came rolling out of the slide like a bowling ball.

People ran to see if she was ok after she sprung to her feet in embarassment. I heard her telling someone that she thought she would go faster if she picked up her feet. I can vouch for that. She was rolling all the way down from the third floor to the first floor.

I have been to everything but Grants Farm. I have ridden to the top of the arch twice and enjoyed it both times.

I remember going to the magic house when I was a little kid around 10 on a family vacation, and I know I loved it, (I always loved science type stuff probably why I have a job working with robots and cnc machines), but I honestly can't remember much. I do remember the big slide though.

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    If you do the zoo, the Safari Pass is worth it. $12/per sounds steep, but for everything it gets you into including being able to ride the train around the zoo, I'd do that again in a heartbeat. I think we rode the Carousel three times while we were there. I ran the comparison just now for the Indy Zoo and the St Louis Zoo, and it's still worth it. $87 for Indy vs. $51 for St. Louis (3 people, best package and parking).

Also, if you are staying in a hotel, the Drury Inn on the west side of town (I-270 and Mo. 340) is pretty good. Clean, friendly and quiet. Helps that the corporate headquarters is across the street.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like you started with a pretty good list, OP. I can only vouch for Grant's Farm--it was a very enjoyable experience all around. And CC'ing there led to no issues whatsoever. There were a couple of pizza places native to and famous in St. Louis--danged if I can remember their names, but the one we went to was pretty tasty. Sorry I can't be any more help. I'm sure you'll all enjoy the trip though!

A1Paracord

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    The City Museum and Aquarium is awesome! Even at 1 and 3 I don't think they will be too young to do a lot of the stuff they offer (10 story slide, plenty of climbing/sliding/running/swinging). Also the Arch is really neat as the others have said.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Years ago they had river cruises down by Arch. Don't know if still available or not.

Don't know what everyone likes, but I believe there is a Bass Pro Shop in western burbs.

bigdawgtrucks

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    We took the kids to St. Louis over spring break this year. We did the arch, the science museum, the city museum, and the zoo. The city museum was the kids favorite thing to do. Be prepared for lots of climbing and tight confined spaces at the city museum.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    the grounds of the arch are federal and technically off limits to ccw. However, as long as you don't go down into the underground museum you should be go to go.

Top Bottom