• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    There's a whole lot of misinformation being thrown around right now.

"Machine guns are legal in NV" - yes, but not in the way most people think. Hughs still applies.
    "There's no Federal regulation requiring a background check for purchasing a firearm from a store." - seriously.....I've seen this ARGUED tooth and nail
    "Machine guns are completely illegal, you can't even buy one." - ugh, my head
    "Silencers would make guns inaudible and so much more dangerous." - AAAAAH

Facebook isn't the place. I'm not responding to anything on there. The only people talking about legislation on that site are the crazies from the far right and far left.....and there's no changing either of their minds. All of my rational friends are staying out of it completely on FB.

Most of these folks don't know the difference between a full auto/semi auto/ bolt action.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    thanks for posting this.
    It really is sad that it has to get politicized (on both sides) almost immediately. As they say, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" so we should let our representatives know our opinions - be they for or against or otherwise.

... hopefully in favor of more freedom

The question is-- which grease is best?

FROGLUBE or Milcomm?

*ducks*

IBTL

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    There's a whole lot of misinformation being thrown around right now.

"Machine guns are legal in NV" - yes, but not in the way most people think. Hughs still applies.
    "There's no Federal regulation requiring a background check for purchasing a firearm from a store." - seriously.....I've seen this ARGUED tooth and nail
    "Machine guns are completely illegal, you can't even buy one." - ugh, my head
    "Silencers would make guns inaudible and so much more dangerous." - AAAAAH

Facebook isn't the place. I'm not responding to anything on there. The only people talking about legislation on that site are the crazies from the far right and far left.....and there's no changing either of their minds. All of my rational friends are staying out of it completely on FB.

I know.
    It's like listening to a man that's been blind his whole life, trying to describe color.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    A somewhat polite back and forth with a friend turned nasty when one of his other friends joined in. I get this via PM...

Yeah its late, but this hasn't really been pleasant. You're sticking up for the NRA that is aggressively lobbying against laws for responsible firearm ownership, and trying to gloss over it with "there are multiple NRAs (mentioned NRA-ILA & NRA)". You started out by making broad, stereotypical statements about Democrats (mentioned JFK Democrats & the left pulling the party farther left), stopping just short of calling us "libtard snowflakes". It's pretty clear you don't think it's possible for anyone on the opposing side to be informed or cogent. Don't msg me again, I won't respond here or on Jason's post. Evertime I've tried to engage with a conservative on any issue, they end up naming calling and making threats (I did neither). I shouldn't have done it this time either, I'm just not sticking around for the next act this time.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    A somewhat polite back and forth with a friend turned nasty when one of his other friends joined in. I get this via PM...

Yeah its late, but this hasn't really been pleasant. You're sticking up for the NRA that is aggressively lobbying against laws for responsible firearm ownership, and trying to gloss over it with "there are multiple NRAs (mentioned NRA-ILA & NRA)". You started out by making broad, stereotypical statements about Democrats (mentioned JFK Democrats & the left pulling the party farther left), stopping just short of calling us "libtard snowflakes". It's pretty clear you don't think it's possible for anyone on the opposing side to be informed or cogent. Don't msg me again, I won't respond here or on Jason's post. Evertime I've tried to engage with a conservative on any issue, they end up naming calling and making threats (I did neither). I shouldn't have done it this time either, I'm just not sticking around for the next act this time.

"Responsible Gun Ownership"
    Was this PM from the friend, or his friend?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    It was from the 3rd party.

He's one of those living Constitution so it must conform to what I think it should mean people. No solutions. Just ban things. Blah blah blah.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Libtards.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It was from the 3rd party.

He's one of those living Constitution so it must conform to what I think it should mean people. No solutions. Just ban things. Blah blah blah.

Well, you're never going to change his mind.

And it is a living document. That means, it can be changed through Amendments.

Top Bottom