• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My back yard is a gold mine lol, I guess I should pick them up but just give's me traction. :)

Those are just in storage without taking up room in your garage.

I told my kids that if they go to the range and pickup brass tomorrow I would pay them a penny a piece. My lazy 13 year told me not worth it, cuts into his Xbox time. My 7 year old daughter asked me what 1000 was worth. When I told her $10 she got excited because she could get a shopkin.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    Pack them away until you can reload. I've several thousand 9mm waiting for me once we get a new house AND I can prioritize a reloading press in the budget. I've had them for a few years and will probably have them a few more.

The press was the cheapest thing for me. I thought to myself this whole reloading thing is going to save me some money........

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The press was the cheapest thing for me. I thought to myself this whole reloading thing is going to save me some money........

Nope you just shoot more. When you start buying supplies by the case and powder by the jug you just don't even pay attention to round count anymore.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Nope you just shoot more. When you start buying supplies by the case and powder by the jug you just don't even pay attention to round count anymore.

Ya I had well over a grand spent before I loaded my first box of loaded rounds. Savings my ass.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Anybody who sells reloadable brass cases for scrap should be required to sell their guns in a government buyback program and have their LTCH revoked. Obama also scrapped reloadable brass. Right now it's tempting since clean, sorted brass is cheap compared to scrap prices (basically not worth the time to sort the stuff) but that is not the issue. There will come a time when reloadable brass will be hard to get. I remember the panic.

How do you think they make new brass? My local range scraps it by the 55gal drum. My club dumps it in the trash. I grab what I can and turn it in. 5gal bucket is a hundred dollar bill.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    How do you think they make new brass? My local range scraps it by the 55gal drum. My club dumps it in the trash. I grab what I can and turn it in. 5gal bucket is a hundred dollar bill.

:dunno: Judging by all the aluminum and steel cased ammo being sold, my guess is they turn it into wire.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    256 Sport & Garden in Austin is fairly close to Columbus, give them a call. I buy bags of once fired from them on occasion.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Anybody who sells reloadable brass cases for scrap should be required to sell their guns in a government buyback program and have their LTCH revoked. Obama also scrapped reloadable brass. Right now it's tempting since clean, sorted brass is cheap compared to scrap prices (basically not worth the time to sort the stuff) but that is not the issue. There will come a time when reloadable brass will be hard to get. I remember the panic.

My 223 that doesn't meet the trim length could be re-purposed into 7.62x25 but I have no experience in doing that, so any brass that is truly scrap scrap will get scrapped when I find a place local to me. Otherwise any caliber I don't reload gets sorted and when the pile gets to the right size I sell it off to someone else.

rransford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2016
    Elwood
    Check out Bite the Bullet's webpage. They have a program where you can "sell" them your brass and in turn get credit for more ammo from them.

ikendrick15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    Evansville
    I would just go ahead and keep it. I saved my brass for years before I started to reload and now that I do it has eliminated the biggest expense to reloading. Out of anything it's not hurting anything sitting in a box in the closet. As far as sending it to Freedom Munitions, the payback isn't hardly worth the effort.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    i saved my brass for quite a while before i bought a press and started reloading.
    45acp, 38spl 357mag, after i got the press and started reloading, i added .40, 38super and .223

sold the rifle, & the revolver was long gone, eventually sold all the once fired 223 brass, went in the same deal to a co-worker. he wanted the 223, and knew someone that was looking for 38spl/357 mag.

i traded the 38super brass for some more 40cal...

i "rescued" several hundred once fired win AA shotgun hulls, picked up a used lee load-all, and loaded up most of them...

i just hate paying for factory ammo LOL
    both my 45's run different loads for USPSA/steel. i havent shot a factory load out of either one in over 20 years

:cheers:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom