• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • athada

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2013
    Grant Co
    This newbie duck hunter bought 3" 12 gauge shells (4 shot) for my 2 3/4" Winchester. Made the mistake of firing a few of them in it :n00b: and having to take it to the gunsmith after it had some shell-discharge issues with subsequent 2 3/4" shells - an educational opportunity.

I have a box of 22 shells left (3"). I hate to waste and this is expensive enough of an enterprise for my current living situation :spend: (young family, back in school, etc). I am learning duck hunting all on my own - no hunting buddies, just e-mail advice from an uncle. Still wanting to hit the range up at Roush FWA sometime this week and thought I might meet someone there who could use it or possibly trade me for 2 3/4" (unlikely I know, but I don't have many other choices).

First post - thanks all. It was a rush bagging two birds on my first attempt jump shooting :rockwoot:, but after my bone-headed mistake I fear I may be in over my head.

Last edited:

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Good luck to you. Making a mistake is just part of learning. If not this year, next summer, join a trap or skeet club. Shoot a lot, have fun, maybe learn shotshell reloading. Just don't let one awkward experience dampen your enthusiasm. Waterfowl hunting is something I always wanted to try also. I've just never done it. As far as learning hunting on your own, that's what I did with deer and small game. You'll gain knowledge with every trip you take and every book you read.

Top Bottom