• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rjc2rjc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    if you dont like the way it shoots you could get one of those conversion shells i dont know for sure if they make them for .410 but it could be looked into. if you could take a .410 down to say a 9mm or for the little one a .22lr. would be a good way to start shooting and it would still be a useable gun.
    Just a thought.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Sir, I have never, nor will I ever purchase a firearm that will be junk. It may not be for me as a shooter after I purchased it and fired it many times, but it will never ever be JUNK. I do not buy junk.

Sorry for you.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    My dad already gave him his first gun. A single 20ga. He also has my hunting rifle, given to me by my dad, coming to him in a few years. I said earlier I was thinking of letting my youngest use it to practice with and let her have it as her own. I just wish finding a barrel wasn't so damn tough.
    She won't miss the missing 3" of barrel. Refinish it and give her a 'hand me down' 1st gun too--and teaching her to shoot with it, will make it real valuable!:yesway:

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    She won't miss the missing 3" of barrel. Refinish it and give her a 'hand me down' 1st gun too--and teaching her to shoot with it, will make it real valuable!:yesway:
    Yes. That's why it's being revived. I didn't have one for her other than new ones I've bought, and I want her to have that same kind of history to share.

Now it's a matter of a lot of work and patience.

Sarge470

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have to side with the "keep it" crowd, especially since you have a daughter to pass it on to; the fact that you've done the work on it yourself may not add much in terms of of collector value, that old shotgun will be priceless to your daughter and your grandchildren someday. "The gun my daddy/grandpa fixed up" has a special value all its own, and can't be overstated.

Last edited:

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    I have to side with the "keep it" crowd, especially since you have a daughter to pass it on to; the fact that you've done the work on it yourself may not add much in terms of of collector value, that old shotgun will be priceless to your daughter and your grandchildren someday. "The gun my daddy/grandpa fixed up" has a special value all its own, and can't be overstated.
    Yup. I just found out this weekend that it wasn't originally my father's gun. It was my mom's. This is gonna be even more special for my daughter knowing it came from grandma.

I need to get off my arse and post a thread for the restoration alone.

Top Bottom