• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Years ago, I bought a .380 Lorcin. What a POS. Worse yet, my father bought one too. It worked just about as well.

Two rounds in a row without jamming would be great, three made me ecstatic.

I kept it for years hearing suggestions like, "drop gun". Or, if somebody breaks in, make sure they have that in their hand.

Yeah, stupid bad advice.

Eventually I sold them at a gun buy back at a terrific loss. They were out of my hair, it was good by me. I could in no way, in good conscience, sell such junk to anyone, even with full disclosure.

I did have someone with a felony record offer to buy it once for nearly twice what I paid for. I didn't go for it.

So anyway, my brother recently purchased a Llama .45 double stack at a gunshow. He has had the extractor replaced (took 4 weeks instead of the originally promised 20 minutes) and gave it a thorough cleaning. It still doesn't feed or extract, displaying multiple modes of failure. He now calls it a paperweight and a lesson to not by worn-out firearms from defunct manufacturers at gunshows.

So what does INGO do with its junk? I doubt that were are the only ones to buy somebody else's headache.

Any good suggestions?

Karl

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I won't sell a known defective firearm......
    I had a Bryco 380 years ago that was a turd (goes without saying)

I crushed it in a vice and trashed the scrap.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    If they are unsafe, I cut them up so no one can get hurt. Had that experience with a "fed ord" M1 that was too cheap to be true. Fed ord was just a name, it was never a military manufacturer. It would sometimes spit the bolt 1/2 out and I found a crack in the receiver. I was not willing to risk another guys face or life when it really let go, so it went under the cut off wheel. Lost some money but can look at myself in the mirror.

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    Good question: They had a gun buy back one year*** I took in an old Jennings .25... it was in a zip lock bag!!!! 'De-Mil' process comes to mind. good idea to simply smash it up and dump as scrap. Use for 'practice' gun smithing stuff is also a good idea.

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    Man, from the OP's Title and 1st line, I was ready to have him mail them to me as I could use a couple cool paperweights for my desk............

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I was thinking maybe...desk lamp.

If they were "cool" (like old S&W's) I'd have been willing to pull the firing pins and mount them on a plaque, but who wants to say to their friends, "Hey look at the cr@p I bought!"?

Paperweight...seal it in a block of resin so it can't be mistaken for something functional?

Shoot it...literally? Maybe a junk gun with bullet holes in it (dents or broken into pieces) might be interesting.

Put it in a bucket of Tannerite and then try to find it later?

It seems like anything besides remorse and regret would be better. Amusing and entertaining always wins.

In all honesty, I would probably be too concerned about safety to shoot at it or try and blow it up.

Some lessons are expensive.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    If it were something interesting, I might just demil it and put in a shadow box, but a double-stack Llama, no way? Sell it for parts?

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Do what I did, and sell them cheap on INGO (with full disclaimers).

Mine got bought pretty quick. I think my old Iberia ended up as a duracoating test bed.

Kirk, what did you end up doing with those old Smith's? While the old lemon squeezers aren't super collectible, they can fun little shooters and it sounded like both were in repairable condition.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Kirk, what did you end up doing with those old Smith's? While the old lemon squeezers aren't super collectible, they can fun little shooters and it sounded like both were in repairable condition.

I punted. They are still on a shelf in the main safe, hanging out.

No other cops have run up and given me guns. Well, one sold me a gun, vile capitalist.:D

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    part it out, gunbroker is full of people looking for parts, you cant sell the frame unless its to a dealer, hell the mag to the llama has a buy it now price of 70.00!

try numrich they buy guns
    Sell Your Parts | Numrich Gun Parts

somebody always wants a gun no matter how crappy you think it is, hell somebody might need a small part for their gun, that grandpappy left em, and that part has to come from somewhere

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Practice refinishing techniques on them, or strip them down and sell the parts to Numrich as mentioned above. Some money is better than no money.

I kind of like the idea of encasing it in a block of resin. For tiny guns like the Lorcin and Raven pistols that would be pretty neat.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You could always take them to the gunshow and sell them to some unsuspecting suckers.........isn't that what happened to you? :):

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    part it out, gunbroker is full of people looking for parts, you cant sell the frame unless its to a dealer, hell the mag to the llama has a buy it now price of 70.00!

try numrich they buy guns
    Sell Your Parts | Numrich Gun Parts

somebody always wants a gun no matter how crappy you think it is, hell somebody might need a small part for their gun, that grandpappy left em, and that part has to come from somewhere
    I tried to sell some gun parts to Numerich once. After the super lowball offer (IIRC, it was like around 15% of the going value), I asked them to send them back. Once burned...lesson learned.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I believe my brother said he paid around 300 for it, maybe 350. Most prices on-line seem to line up to that.

Our family isn't really the kind to try and take advantage of anyone, so no searching for "suckers" will be going on.

I might suggest the Numrich's route, but $50 probably won't be worth his time. If the gun buyers come around again, that's probably all they would give him.

I'm still thinking desk lamp, working out the interior details for replacing the trigger with an on/off switch seems like it could be kind of interesting.

Top Bottom