• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krvincen

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    May 20, 2011
    Osceola
    So I've been really fighting back and forth lately. I have a very nice condition gen2 3 bolt upper receiver Sig 556R with a really nice Shooting Site aftermarket 2-stage trigger and Troy battle guard monolithic quad rail front end. I love to shoot it but it's not been produced for domestic market for quite a long time now and the parts, if you can even find them, are mega expensive now. Also 7.62X39 is nearly the “bargain” it once was either. I'm trying to decide if I should post it for sale or trade and move on to something still available state side or just keep it but not run it too hard and wear it out

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I love my Sig 516 uppers. I have one on my SBR (11.5") and one as a 14.5 P&W. Kinda the same boat in that parts are not gonna be easy to find, but I love them. At least I have other uppers to use should either of them go **** up.

I think your main concern would be if you want to stay with that caliber or not.

Me... I would not. I'm a 5.56 guy.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Obviously the final decision is up to you but if I was in your position I’d move it on down the road and get something I could use and enjoy while not worrying about it going south. Ammo isn’t as cheap as it once was and if the SHTF might be harder to find. 5.56, 308 and 30-06 are my main rifle calibers now although I do have a fair share of other calibers.
    I worry about obtaining spare parts for my P7s should the need arise and their skyrocketing cost so I rarely carry them anymore. Fortunately I will keep them as safe queens and shoot other pistols that are much less expensive and easier and less costly to repair.

krvincen

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    May 20, 2011
    Osceola
    Yeah that’s sort of the dilemma, I have an LWRC 16DI and a custom build on an older Foxtrot Mike upper with Lantec advanced BCG plus a nice M1A the 556R is a fun rifle but as you’ve stated if it goes south, especially the R variant, a BCG could be very hard to acquire. Maybe I’ll look into what they are going for and see if I can sell it to fund something else.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Still a cool rifle and collector piece now. If ya dont need to get rid of it to get something else I'd keep it. I have a 556 swat I had gotten rid of. And kicked myself for about 5 years till I was able to get the same rifle back.

krvincen

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    May 20, 2011
    Osceola
    Thanks for the advice, I don’t actually have a need to get rid of it other than if it were to purchase something still currently in production for that caliber but I think I’ll just hold onto it and buy something else in 7.62X39 later. I certain I would being doin the same thing down the road kicking myself for letting it go and trying to replace it and by that time might not be able to acquire the Shooting Sight trigger for it.

Top Bottom