• ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Are those GI Joes? They don't look like the guys I had in the 80s

The JOEs in that photo are from the version they made in the late 1990s and early part of this decade. They evolved considerably from the "classic collection" to the end result, in terms of proportions, features, and articulation.

The older guys among us would be more familiar with the faithful reproductions of the originals from the 1960s and 1970s from the Masterpiece and Timeless Collections. The most recent would be last year's release of the reproduction Adventure Team sold through Wal*Marts (minus the Adventure Team Commander).

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The JOEs in that photo are from the version they made in the late 1990s and early part of this decade. They evolved considerably from the "classic collection" to the end result, in terms of proportions, features, and articulation.

The older guys among us would be more familiar with the faithful reproductions of the originals from the 1960s and 1970s from the Masterpiece and Timeless Collections. The most recent would be last year's release of the reproduction Adventure Team sold through Wal*Marts (minus the Adventure Team Commander).

You sure know a lot about empty headed playthings!

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    You sure know a lot about empty headed playthings!

Yeah Rhino.. and here I am looking at dating sites! Share the wealth man!

But back on topic.. anyone remember the GI Joes with Kung-Fu grip? I had a bunch of those in the '70s.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Of course!

The re-release of the Adventure Team last year had a much improved version of Kung-Fu grip! Very Kung-Fu grippy, but much less fragile than the original.

Yes, I am a GI JOE (and similar 1:6 scale figures) collector.

And no, I don't get excited if you call them "dolls." That's okay. But then it also doesn't bother when someone calls a magazine a "clip."

Top Bottom