• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbnash90

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Greenfield
    So I decided to work a bunch of OT and put the extra cashola towards a new handgun. I am willing to work extra hours in order to splurge on something really nice. A 1911 is in the future, but I want a polymer first. So, without getting too ridiculous or out of hand, what should I get??? :runaway:

k1500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2013
    West Lafayette
    A Glock would be a very common item. I'm not a personal fan of them. I suggest looking at a Beretta PX4 Storm...especially a nice used one. They are not very popular in the gun community, but are a quality pistol. If you watch the ads here, you'll likely see some for sale. The low $400 range is pretty common. Also check Welcome to the Beretta Forum as well. You'll have to pay the FFL transfer fee since most guns are likely to be in another state.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    It's hard to go wrong with a Glock. That's the only polymer frame pistol I own. If I was going to get another i'd be willing to go with an FN as well. A friend has one in 9mm and one in .40 and I enjoyed shooting both of them.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yep, if you're getting something all purpose, to carry, take to the range and have for home defense, the Glock 19 (compact 9mm) or Glock 26 (subcompact 9mm) are nice options. If you want something a little snappier, with more stopping power, step up to the Glock 23 (compact .40) or Glock 27 (subcompact .40). I would definitely handle and if possible shoot a variety of weapons before making your decision, to make sure you're buying a weapon you'll be happy with.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Need a price and purpose.

something from: glock, s&w, springfield, fn, ruger, walther, hk, cz, etc... will be high quality and likely meet your needs. You just need to find the one that fits your hand, budget, and needs.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Close between a XDm or a M&P. I have both and their exceptionally accurate. I like the interchangeable back straps and the trigger on both. I might have to give the slight edge to the M&P.

jbnash90

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Greenfield
    Price: The most I want to spend is around $800 or $900. Purpose: .40 cal for EDC and recreation. I've got some considerations already but I am having trouble deciding. Basically between Glock 23, S&W M&P 40, USP 40c, Beretta Px4, and FNP 40. I really like the Walther PPQ right now, and it might be the front runner in terms of my preference. Anyone have a PPQ that they can give some input on?

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    Price: The most I want to spend is around $800 or $900. Purpose: .40 cal for EDC and recreation. I've got some considerations already but I am having trouble deciding. Basically between Glock 23, S&W M&P 40, USP 40c, Beretta Px4, and FNP 40. I really like the Walther PPQ right now, and it might be the front runner in terms of my preference. Anyone have a PPQ that they can give some input on?

I don't own a PPQ, but I've fired one. Of the guns you listed, it would probably be my last choice. Then again, Walthers have never felt right in my hand so that's based more off personal preference than performance. As far as performance, I thought the Glock 23, FNP 40, and M&P all performed better than the Walther. I've never fired the Beretta or the HK.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I have all of the guns you mentioned and I love the PPQ. Amazing trigger on the PPQ. My edc is a 40 shield at the moment. Thinking about changing my edc to either px4 sc m&p9c or glock 26. I have been shooting the last three regularly to see which to switch over to.

ForceTA308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    I'm going to throw the Sig SP2022 into the mix. It's actually a few hundred under your price range but a great handgun nonetheless.

2022-Nitron-detail-hero.jpg

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    My EDC is a Springfield xd45. My wife got me a FNX 45 as soon as i get another couple hundred rounds through it it will be my EDC. Shoots great seems to have lower fwlt recoil and the front sight drops faster. In my opinion.

Top Bottom