• ...and so much more!
  • Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Having used most all the timers commonly used in shooting here is my personal opinion.

Pact club timer- I hate this timer as it beeps then you release the start button and not when you push it like all the other timers(this a personal beef but when every other timer works with a push and you pick up a different timer at a match it is annoying) . Don't know if it can be changed or not. You don't see many of these on the range. I have a old Pact Mark 4 ?? that I have had for 30 years and I still use it as my Chronograph. It needs taken apart every few times I use it to clean the button contacts.

Pocket pro 1 and 2 Both are great timers and by far most popular at the matches and one of the cheapest.

CED 7000 a good timer that has a rechargeable battery(that can be good or bad). One of the good things about this timer is it is sensitive enough to pick up dryfire.
    A couple things I don't like about this timer is the small display is harder to read at least for us older shooters. I also don't care for having to push 2 buttons to start timer every time.

AMG LAB shot timer is IMO the best timer currently available. It has a easy to read display and the batteries last a loooong time and easy to replace. Sensitivity can be adjusted to pick up dryfire from several feet away. After using one at Indiana state steel match the bluetooth feature is great for competition. Lots of other features that it shows on its websight. More expensive than the others and there is a wait time on them(4 to 5 Months).
    After using one of these I came home and ordered one even with having a newer Pocket Pro 2.

The AMG and Ced7000 are the best for dryfire and both of these get complaints about not having belt clips but they are available aftermarket.

Shooters connection has most timers in stock and supports the Indiana matches every year. SUPER fast shipping.
    https://www.shootersconnectionstore...zRQvxCMpox37O0dNfMq_E0acT7V9x7jhoCuLcQAvD_BwE

Lab timers are factory direct for now I believe.
    https://www.amg-lab.com/

markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    Having used most all the timers commonly used in shooting here is my personal opinion.

Pact club timer- I hate this timer as it beeps then you release the start button and not when you push it like all the other timers(this a personal beef but when every other timer works with a push and you pick up a different timer at a match it is annoying) . Don't know if it can be changed or not. You don't see many of these on the range. I have a old Pact Mark 4 ?? that I have had for 30 years and I still use it as my Chronograph. It needs taken apart every few times I use it to clean the button contacts.

Pocket pro 1 and 2 Both are great timers and by far most popular at the matches and one of the cheapest.

CED 7000 a good timer that has a rechargeable battery(that can be good or bad). One of the good things about this timer is it is sensitive enough to pick up dryfire.
    A couple things I don't like about this timer is the small display is harder to read at least for us older shooters. I also don't care for having to push 2 buttons to start timer every time.

AMG LAB shot timer is IMO the best timer currently available. It has a easy to read display and the batteries last a loooong time and easy to replace. Sensitivity can be adjusted to pick up dryfire from several feet away. After using one at Indiana state steel match the bluetooth feature is great for competition. Lots of other features that it shows on its websight. More expensive than the others and there is a wait time on them(4 to 5 Months).
    After using one of these I came home and ordered one even with having a newer Pocket Pro 2.

The AMG and Ced7000 are the best for dryfire and both of these get complaints about not having belt clips but they are available aftermarket.

Shooters connection has most timers in stock and supports the Indiana matches every year. SUPER fast shipping.
    https://www.shootersconnectionstore...zRQvxCMpox37O0dNfMq_E0acT7V9x7jhoCuLcQAvD_BwE

Lab timers are factory direct for now I believe.
    https://www.amg-lab.com/
    Thanks Bosshoss!

That AMG looks interesting and isn't that much more expensive than the others.

I like that it is easy to read! I was wondering about the with the others. The displays didn't look to be that large and my eyes aren't what they used to be. Getting old isn't all fun...

Top Bottom