What to stock up on in case the election goes badly?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shalashaska

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2016
    Indiana
    I think it should also be pointed out that you don't let anyone know what you've stocked up on. For some strange reason family and friends think your preps are now their preps as well. They take offense when you don't give them what they want at the price you paid, (or less) instead of letting them have it for the replacement cost.

Just this past weekend I had a shooting buddy suggest that if he runs low on powder or primers he would just get them from me. I think I upset him when I informed him that I wasn't coming off anything I had stocked up on so he was out of luck if that's his plan. The way I see it is everyone had the same opportunity I had so if they decided to wait until things get scarce instead of stocking up when it was plentiful then that's their problem not mine.

My parents are super liberal hillary voters who think guns are baa-a-a-a-ad and want nothing to do with them

DNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Northern IN
    You won't be able to use your magazine's or semi auto guns anyway. If you're caught with more than a 10rd mag or you're house catches fire and they find some, you have committed a felony. They learned their lesson last time , nothing will be grandfathered. The only thing you can do now is vote Trump.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    You won't be able to use your magazine's or semi auto guns anyway. If you're caught with more than a 10rd mag or you're house catches fire and they find some, you have committed a felony. They learned their lesson last time , nothing will be grandfathered. The only thing you can do now is vote Trump.

The thing that really scares me is that AT SOME POINT, even if God performs a miracle and Trump get elected, the liberals will be back in office some day, some way. This is issue is going to continue to hound us forever, 2A or not.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The thing that really scares me is that AT SOME POINT, even if God performs a miracle and Trump get elected, the liberals will be back in office some day, some way. This is issue is going to continue to hound us forever, 2A or not.

Yes. As the electorate continues to consume the :koolaid: delivered in copious amounts by a complicit media you will be fighting well past my time on this planet.
    The cherry has been broken. The amendments that stand in their way will be eroded/ignored until that same electorate just sighs and sits back. It is inevitable with the emasculation of the masses.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Thus the importance of solid SCOTUS appointments along with the rest of the Federal judiciary.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    My parents are super liberal hillary voters who think guns are baa-a-a-a-ad and want nothing to do with them

Sounds like they will be knocking on your door someday when SHTF. Of course at that point you get to say "I told you so" and all the other things parents tell their kids to prove a point.

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City

SPARTA!!!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Luckily, all my mags at home, pistol and rifle are plasticish, so all "they" will find is a big ole pile of steaming melted gunk! Prove they weren't 10 rounds or less? All the good **** is a diver down flag and a couple tanks of compressed away!

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    Seems like most people are stocked up or not concerned about the outcome. I stopped in at Big R today. Lots of powder, primers, didn't look like the gun selection was hurting either. I was in WalMart yesterday and seen a decent amount of CCI mini mags and maxi mags. I even seen mini mags at Big R today. I'm just not seeing a big rush on anything yet.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Seems like most people are stocked up or not concerned about the outcome. I stopped in at Big R today. Lots of powder, primers, didn't look like the gun selection was hurting either. I was in WalMart yesterday and seen a decent amount of CCI mini mags and maxi mags. I even seen mini mags at Big R today. I'm just not seeing a big rush on anything yet.

Saturation point may have been reached.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    Very strong possibility. Lots of reloading components of been hoarded the last couple years. Guns have been purchased, traded, and hoarded. Myself, I have gotten rid of firearms that I knew I could do without and picked up ones that I wanted. I have purchased large amounts of components and don't need anything else. I picked up all the mags that I wanted. To be honest, it sucks walking into a gun show or shop knowing I don't actually need anything...

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    This may be off topic, but I see this as a fitting place to ask. What do you all feel like the "safe" number of mags to have is? I'm sitting on about ten for each of my rifle.

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    If your goal is to make a money off of other gun owners if all goes south, then you are part of the problem and not part of the solution.:twocents:

So I suppose if the price of Gold and Silver go up, You expect the Jewelry Stores and coin shops to keep selling you it at the same price it was a week ago?
    It is called supply and demand

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom